ABSINTHE GONE BAD?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:ABSINTHE GONE BAD?
By Don Walsh on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 09:55 pm: Edit

Marc, you are welcome to it.

By Marc on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 01:18 pm: Edit

Don,

Some of us like a bit of Sebors now and then. Because it was my first, I have a sentimental attachment to it.

By Don Walsh on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 09:57 am: Edit

Sorry, no can help. I had two bottles of that stuff, had two drinks from one, never touched them again save to give them away. I would hope that 'shelf life' at ambient in a dark closet would be more than 6 months...but maybe not.

Chlorophyll doesn't get darker, it gets lighter, from green to yellow/brown. But then the only person who thinks Sebor 's colored with chlorophyll is the next gullible buyer.

By David on Monday, August 28, 2000 - 09:13 am: Edit

Hello all. About six months ago I opened a new bottle of Sebor's. I just looked at the remaining half of the bottle and see that the contents are now a much darker shade of green. Would this be from the chlorophyll (sp?) changing? Is it still good to drink? Does absinthe have a shelf life? What's the best way to store this stuff--mine was room temperature in a dark closet. Thanks for your insight!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation