Distill your own

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Distill your own
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through August 31, 2000  25   08/31 05:15pm

By Bob Chong on Wednesday, September 06, 2000 - 06:07 pm: Edit

Staying OT, from the Big Lebowski...

Donny: What's 'shabbas,' Walter?
Walter Sobchak: Saturday, Donny, is shabbas, the Jewish day of rest. That means I don't work, I don't drive a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't handle money, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll!

Great movie. Gets better upon each viewing.

BC

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, September 06, 2000 - 04:51 pm: Edit

I don't either..I was just making a joke..My family has been dealing on my fathers side dealt in diamonds since before the 1820's in Poland (Himmler's SS put and end to that though) so I am very used to commerce. Religion and Commerece have always been quite close in my family. We don't at all worship money and I am a quite adherent Jew (kosher, Shabbat, and the rest), rather it is understood that St. Augustine was right when he said "Ora et Labora" rather we feel "Ora et Prosa."

Take Care,

J

By jkk on Wednesday, September 06, 2000 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Justin,
Not everyone gets "down on (his) knees and worship(s)" money, (as Mark Twain once described post-Civil War business behavior.)

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 06:08 pm: Edit

Commerece and religion..there is a difference? Just kidding.

LOL..Arturo, you should live in a tub and search for the honest man! And if Wit measures the man, then you are high in my book!

_ J

By arturo ui on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 04:45 pm: Edit

politics and absinthe go together better than , lets say, um...
commerce and religion.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 02:03 pm: Edit

Politics and Absinthe...they didn't go well together in the 19th century and it doesn't seem much has changed..my thoughts on Waco, well let's just say it reminded me of the "Carthago Delenda Est!" mentality....

- J

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 02:01 pm: Edit

tourist and Mr. Wormwood,

Why should every thread should be locked into focussing on absinthe? Think of this forum sort of like a dinner party. You might get a group of widget-enthusiasts together for such a party, and discussion might tend to gravitate toward widgets and widgetry, but you wouldn't admonish the guests for discussing whatever they wished. If you did, you'd have a hard time getting people to accept invitations, wouldn't you?

K.

By tourist on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 11:07 am: Edit

Wormwood,

This is the David Koresh Apologists Forum. From the amount that people know about it, and the indignant tones which they use, can't you tell?

By Mr. Wormwood on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 05:37 am: Edit

Just a few quick thoughts on this thread.

A massacre and a disaster are two differant things, one is an act of God the other is not.

I saw an interview with the neighbor of the MOVE house on TV and he said. "I hated them and they were terrible neighbors". Lots of guns and the house was fortified. It smelled terrible all the raw sewage and garbage from the house was just tossed into back yard to rot in the sun. They called it "back to nature". They never bathed and when they had kids the mother would bite the umbilical cord just like an animal. But he never want the police to bomb the place and burn down the entire neighborhood (including his house).

David Koresh said the government would kill him and his followers would die in flames. The last messiah I ever read about also accuratly predicted his death at the hands of the government.

Since when is the ATF charged with rescuing teenage girls from possible sexual situations using armed assult teams. Koresh had no illegal weapons, no untaxed tobacco products or alcohol. He even called 911 when his compound was attacked. The FBI or some other competent law enforcment agency could have just arrested him anytime he went into town for molesting the underage girls and put in jail for a few years if he was convicted.

What the fuck does any of this have to do with Absinthe.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation