Thanks to all!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Thanks to all!
By Marc on Saturday, September 02, 2000 - 01:41 am: Edit

Ted,

As hesitant as I am to feed Don's massive ego, I must admit the thought of the two of you working on a new absinthe in Thailand is thrilling. Good luck.

And Don you know I love you. Particularly in your
red polyester wrestling tights.

By Tabreaux on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 11:19 pm: Edit

Well, glad to see you've ventured further into the world of absinthe. I agree with your findings, in that M. Mayans tastes of star anise only, and LaSala has a dose of limonene in it. IMO, adding sugar (in the traditional way) is not beneficial where the Spanish absinthes are concerned, as these tend to be very, very sweet. I am in Thailand at the moment (with Don), and we are fine tuning the 'Chateau Margaux' at this very moment.

By Bob Chong on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 09:57 pm: Edit

Well, I had one Deva and one Lasala, prepared in the traditional way. I'll need to do further tasting, but my first impressions were that Deva tasted like anise and not much else (my wife said it was like drinking a Good and Plenty). Lasala seemed less anise-y and maybe more complex. Call me weird, but I kinda liked the furniture-polish aspect of Lasala. Again, I eagerly await future tastings, and I immensely enjoyed the ritual and baptism into the absinthe world. I also look forward to the Don/Ted stuff, when it becomes available.

To paraphrase a previous thread, I guess I'm a Night Train drinker awaiting a taste of the Chateauz Margaux.

BC

By Marc on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 12:51 pm: Edit

Bob,

Enjoy, my friend, enjoy.

By Bob Chong on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 12:35 pm: Edit

A brown-paper wrapped package arrived from Spain today, and I will soon try absinthe for the first time.

Thanks to all in this forum for making it possible, each in your own inimitable way!

BC

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation