CZECH IS REALLY ABSINTHE ?????

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:CZECH IS REALLY ABSINTHE ?????
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through September 1, 2000  2   09/01 11:24pm

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:54 am: Edit

Check out the buyers guide..it holds all the answers..

By Tjerad Snik on Tuesday, September 12, 2000 - 08:28 am: Edit

I'm interested in buying a good bottle of Absinthe and having it shipped to the U.S. Unfortunately, I am relatively new to the stuff and have no idea what to purchase, and where to purcahse it from.

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 06:18 am: Edit

Quite honestly, Sebor is *not* something I would qualify as 'traditional'. As far as the Czech products go, it is the only one which tastes like it wasn't made by children. While I consider it to be worth trying, and while it offers something a bit more interesting than some brands that taste like pastis and not much else, it certainly doesn't bear much resemblence to traditional absinthes.

By Mr. Wormwood on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 04:50 am: Edit

Which "Czech Absinthe" are we talking about, that is very much like talking about "American Beer". Some are good, most are not, but you have to discuss them by brand name or you will not help anyone here avoid the ones you didn't like.

Some brands (Hills) taste like someone urinated into a vat of industrial ethanol and added some green food color to it. Other brands (Sebor) have a nice traditional flavor but are only a bit weak.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation