Recently Reformulated?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Recently Reformulated?
By bluedog1 on Wednesday, September 06, 2000 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Hmm. Same as my Mallorcan Tunel. Tried a glass (OK, a couple of glasses), seemed a bit over powering both in taste and alcohol content (70%), and no combination of cold liquid would make it louche. I like Deva, like Mari, and am next trying, inshallah, La Fee, but my hobby dollars are quite tight right now, so I want to splurge on something I'll enjoy, not sit on a shelf and look at.

Hence my idea of samplers. Montana does it, why not some enterprising businessman selling a variety six pack and base price on the six varieties in the mix. Or setting a minature six-pack price regardless of what you buy. Is that so wrong?

Anyway, I will try Bill and Ted's excellent adventure to check off that box in my tasting guide, but at some stage, possibly on a trip to Europe, I'll try the lesser brands.

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, September 06, 2000 - 07:16 am: Edit

I just received my first and only bottle of Herring about three weeks ago... not sure of the formulation. It tastes kind of like cooking sherry mixed with vodka. The bottle is still mostly full...

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 11:23 pm: Edit

The "reformulated" version is the version they are offering now I believe. I have had the previous stuff and let me tell you if was horrid. The new stuff is leaps and bounds better. Nice label though.

By bluedog1 on Tuesday, September 05, 2000 - 03:54 pm: Edit

Got an email from Spirits Corner today concerning a sale they are having on (shudder) Herring absinthe. They mentioned that Herring has been "recently reformulated" and are offering the new at a 20% discount for 3 bottles.

Anyone tried the "recently reformulated"? Is it actually any better? Or like lawn clippings steeped in grain alcohol?

Just wondering.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation