Could someone tell me the volume of the largest absinthe glass im ever likely to find...

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Could someone tell me the volume of the largest absinthe glass im ever likely to find...
By TimK on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 10:45 am: Edit

sure, i'll post some pics when im done - may be a while though - i really want to make something like the individual fountains you see so one more qn. is what is the largest diameter glass im likely to find i.e. at the top - where the fountain sits - thanks for the help again guys

Tim

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 08:45 am: Edit

I have a particular cut Y glass that would hold around 1.5-2 fl oz and maybe 10 fl oz of water and stands over 7" tall. No spoon will will besides a long Pelle 3 and a Les rondes 3.

Making a fountain huh? Let me see if when you are done. I have a belle Epoch 6 spigot and could help you out if you are interested. Are you molding it like the old ones are just imporvising? I have seen some great improvised fountains.

Take care

J

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 06:55 am: Edit

Some of the glasses that I saw on display at the Absinthe Museum were so large as to be scary, you'd have needed two hands to pick them up after a few shots of the green juice. But these are also very rare and expensive so you are not likely to come accross them that often.The most common glasses such as the various swirl and reservoir styles held about an ounce of absinthe to the measure and you would need to add 4 to 5 ounces on top for the water. So you should allow a maximum of 6 ounces of water per glass.

I'd be interested in seeing a photo of your fountain when it is finished.

Absinthedrinker

By TimK on Thursday, September 14, 2000 - 02:19 am: Edit

im going to make a fountain and i want it big enough to cover all future possibilities ie if i buy a bigger glass etc.. Thanks guys!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation