Would like info about over seas ordering

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Would like info about over seas ordering
By Marc on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:18 pm: Edit

The albums I mentioned below are all with my
band called THE NAILS. I have just finished a solo album called THE DEATH AND RESURRECTION SHOW.
It will be available from my website, marccampbell.com, soon.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:04 pm: Edit

Thanks for the info Marc...I will check around and see if you are in stores..if you are then yours will be the first cd I have bought in 5 years...

By Marc on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 10:00 pm: Edit

Justin,

I make rock and roll for people who think.
Among my influences: Lou Reed, Jim Morrison, Patti Smith, Iggy Pop, Leonard Cohen and Bob Dylan. I've recorded 3 albums: MOOD SWING, DANGEROUS DREAMS and CORPUS CHRISTI. The first
two are out of print, though they are available though a website called GEMM. CORPUS CHRISTI is
available at record stores and Amazon.com. CORPUS is a bootleg of demo songs that is being sold without my blessing.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 09:41 pm: Edit

I have tons of friends who are active anarchists, a few of them actually publish a paper here in town...I am much more the legalists but if their efforts, withourt resorting to terrorism, change things for the better I am all for it..

Marc,

What kind of music do you make..I took a look around your site..if you could describe it to me would love to hear some of it...and BTW you do look like a mixtuer of Rob Zombie and Rasputin..if we can get you a good glare the Czar will be ours...

J

By Marc on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:50 pm: Edit

tourist,

I think you missed your exit ramp.

By tourist on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 07:52 pm: Edit

Anarchy blows. Its all about the teenage white boys who think they are punks. Anyone who parades around thinking anarchy would be cool is a moron.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Your leader should be Bill Clinton, guy from Arkansas I know..

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 04:21 pm: Edit

Ok. Ok. I lied. I'm not really registered. Since I talked before about it, I thought I'd just pretend, to buttress my reputation as an insulting, gibberish-spouting, control-freak. The truth is, I still don't know where to get registered. We anarchists need to get organized and elect a leader...

By Perruche_verte on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 11:35 am: Edit

No, but you get technical support that you don't get with the unregistered version. So they tell me...

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:58 am: Edit

"registered anarchist"

Do you get any kind of membership card and/or discounts

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 08:52 am: Edit

I suppose if I could find a nice glass shotglass, it would do. I don't really need the accuracy of a graduated cylinder.

I would be happy to offer my services as a scientific instrument. I'm not certified for accuracy, but I am a registered anarchist.

K.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 02:01 am: Edit

Marcellin

I think Anatomist1 is going to use a graduated cylinder (like a measuring glass) to measure out his shots of absinthe so that he doesn't overdo it. A GC is a gas chromatograph which is used to separate and analyse complex mixtures of organic compounds. I found the idea of Anatomist1 sitting with his mouth over the end of a GC tube quite delightful though, a truely organoleptic detector (sorry for chemists joke)

Absinthedrinker

By Marcellin on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 05:19 pm: Edit

Anatomist1,

I think I've heard of this "graduated cylinder" on this forum in the past. If I'm not mistaken it has also been called "GS".

I have zero knowledge of chemistry. What is the function of a graduated cylinder, and how will it spare you some pain? Thanks.

Marcellin

By Anatomist1 on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 10:09 am: Edit

I didn't get a chance to try the two side by side, but I think Deva and MM Collector's Ed. 70% are quite comparable. If anything, I noticed more bitterness in the MM, not more anise, which made me think it might have more wormwood, or less refined wormwood in it. It also tended to numb my tongue more. On the other hand, maybe when anise exceeds a certain level, it just tastes bitter. With my inexperience, it's all just speculation.

I find it much easier to overdo MM. I'm primarily a beer drinker, and 140 proof is just too far off my richter scale. I'm going to buy a graduated cylinder when I order my next bottles, to try and spare myself some pain.

K.

By josh on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 06:56 am: Edit

thank you very much,i think i will try both.i knew i could get some answers here

By Absinthedrinker on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 06:20 am: Edit

I find that MM is very pleasant, smoother than Deva and with nearly 50% more alcohol. Some folks think it tastes too strongly of Star Anis - it's a matter of personal taste. Its thujone content is unknown but within EU limits, I think the test you are refering to was flawed. The company that makes MM has been around for over 100 years and their product tastes as authentic as any other Spanish brand I've tried.

Absinthedrinker

By josh on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 04:44 am: Edit

the 2 minis were just an experiment to see how the whole thing worked,i didnt want to spend like 60 bucks just to have it confiscated or to have to pay a tarriff before i could recieve it.there will definitly be an order for some deva next week,what about mari mayans? is it any good,i read on some older posts that it was a pastis,with no wormwood present

By Anatomist1 on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 07:46 pm: Edit

josh,

Customs doesn't give a rat's ass, given the information that has come through the forum. In fact, there was a recent post where customs actually opened someone's order, put it back together, and sent it on: no problem. However, I think you're going to need more than a couple of minis... say 2 bottles of Deva...

K.

By josh on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 04:14 am: Edit

thanks i have been wondering on this issue for a little while

By Bob Chong on Friday, September 15, 2000 - 10:34 pm: Edit

If you live in the U.S., just sit back and wait.

To co-opt Charlie Papazian:
"Relax, don't worry, and have an absinthe."

Chong

By josh on Friday, September 15, 2000 - 11:35 am: Edit

i have finally ordered 2 montana minis from spirtcorner,and would like to know if i will have to pay duties or any other things i should know about

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation