Finally got my Segarra!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Finally got my Segarra!
By Leela on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 09:57 pm: Edit

As some of you may recall I drank way too much two weeks ago and hadn't had a drop of acohol, let alone absinthe, since. Until last night, when I tried some Segarra. And it gave the the exact same sick feeling that I got when I was hung over. That straw-like dried herb taste just does me in. Meanwhile, the strong anise in the other brands seems to settle my stomach.

I can't believe I don't like the good stuff. I feel like white trash, but I still like N.S. the best. I promise I'll try Jade when I can and some of the La Bleues too, because lord knows I need the palette education. But I just can't do Segarra. Fortunately my hubby's scotch-drinking pals loved it, so I'll just keep some around for them.

Feeling like a Philistine,

Leela

By Matei on Wednesday, July 25, 2001 - 03:25 pm: Edit

Hello!

My Segarra finally arrived. The stupid bollix told me that they'd deliver it last Friday morning and I wasted a lot of time waiting for 'em. They finally had to deliver it to my new job. I was hoping that security wouldn't make me open it - a lot of people here tend to think that absinthe makes you go crazy.

I rather like it. I don't have the refined palate that some of the more discerning posters have here, but I found it less harsh than Deva - my only previous absinthe experience. It is quite pleasant and still gives me a slight "spacey" feel similar to that which I felt with Deva.

Not bad - bring on the rest!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation