Archive through July 1, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:An Interesting and Rare Find:Archive through July 4, 2000:Archive through July 1, 2000
By tabreaux on Saturday, July 01, 2000 - 01:03 pm: Edit

I heard of a bottle of Pernod Fils surfacing in France awhile back. I'm told it went for $3500. There is no definitive place to look for liquor which has been overlooked or kept as a souvenir for 100 years. Estate sales from long deceased wealthier people who travelled may be your best bet. Even so, the chances are remote. I didn't find any of this, it found me...strange as it seems.

By br0therben on Saturday, July 01, 2000 - 08:00 am: Edit

Ted,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Anyway, where does one look to find vintage liquors? About how much should one expect to pay for some vintage Absinthe, like Pernod or Herbsaint? Any help?

thanks,

Ben

By tabreaux on Saturday, July 01, 2000 - 07:07 am: Edit

Actually, someone happened upon it by chance, and was kind enough to point me in the right direction. As far as how it ranks with the old stuff, it seems to be right on par. Very delicious, and very different from anything around today.

By Don Walsh on Saturday, July 01, 2000 - 03:31 am: Edit

Congrats, Ted! You are a magician! Tell us how you managed to scrounge up this treasure! Deal with the Devil?

By The Green Imp on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 11:52 pm: Edit

Excellent news, how would you rank it with the other old timers?
Regards
Jay

By tabreaux on Friday, June 30, 2000 - 09:09 pm: Edit

I found and bought a small bottle of antique Herbsaint absinthe. It is the only one I've ever seen. Once again, old absinthe has somehow found me, and the contents of the bottle (2/3 full) are very well preserved. I had a taste of it, and let's just say that old Herbsaint absinthe and modern Herbsaint have nothing in common but the name. The Herbsaint absinthe has a wonderful flavor.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation