The La Boheme Counterattack

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Oct 2000:The La Boheme Counterattack
By Imp on Sunday, October 08, 2000 - 04:17 pm: Edit

I suppose next, one of them may likely come out with a clear version, and call it their take on Le Bleu........Of course if they want to go the stuff floating in a bottle route, they could always put prizes in the bottle like Cracker Jacks, to boost sales....("Free Spoon Inside")....
Regards
Jay

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, October 08, 2000 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Atleast it doesn't have crap floating around in it....

By Tabreaux on Sunday, October 08, 2000 - 03:07 pm: Edit

If you go to La Boheme's website, they've just released another Czech product called "Absinthe Original". Undoubtedly, this is aimed to upstage "La Fee". To quote the ad copy:

"Without doubt, this is simply the finest Absinthe available. In its elegant new bottle, it looks good, it tastes good, it is good. La Boheme Absinthe is distilled in the Czech Republic to our exclusive 200 year old Swiss recipe. And because of our intimate knowledge of the distilleries and herb growers we are able to ensure that only the very best ingredients are selected for use in its manufacture. This full - bodied hand made liqueur contains 10 mg of thujone at the time of bottling. Drink it with a little sugar and water or as a base for your favourite cocktail. Either way, La Boheme Absinthe is one of life's great pleasures.
At the moment there is only a limited stock available, and you have the chance to purchase this unique product at our introductory price of 48.99 ($73.49) saving yourself 11.00 ($16.50)."

The only problem I have here is that since the inferior products still carry bogus descriptions, I'd have a hard time believing this product was any good, unless a first-hand tasting proved otherwise.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation