Absinthe Review - Tunel

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Oct 2000:Absinthe Review - Tunel
By Bluedog1 on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 04:52 pm: Edit

Thanx Ted. Coming from a respected member of this group such as yourself, it is indeed praise to have my comments recommended for the buyer's guide.

When I come to New Orleans next I'll bring the Tunel and you can give it a go. I'd be interested in your tasting opinion. We're there a couple times a year.

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, October 10, 2000 - 04:27 pm: Edit

Having read the review for Tunel, amongst the description appears this statement:

"I recommend TUNEL for the true aficionado who wants to educate his/her palate to the better absinthes available on the world market."

On the other hand, Bluedog1 recently posted:

“I've got a bottle of Tunel on my sideboard that I'm either not going to touch again or give to uneducated strangers. It is with out a doubt the worst of the absinthes I have tried. It tends to be a bit strong in the anise flavor, it seems to give me acidic "burps", it doesn't louche at all, doesn't drink smoothly and doesn't finish well. I've had about four glasses from this bottle and all were about the same experience. It also is the first absinthe to give me a headache.”
”For sampling purposes, just try someone else's open bottle, don't spend the money yourself on a whole bottle.”

Reports I've been given outside of these two are concurrent with Bluedog1's findings. At the very least, I feel both reviews should be included in the buyer’s guide, as they are absolutely conflicting in nature.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation