Archive through August 14, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:FEE ABSINTHE:Archive through August 14, 2000
By Midas on Monday, August 14, 2000 - 07:44 am: Edit

I agree. With something like Deva, sugar is really not needed. That's not to say it tasted bad, but it's sweet enough as is. The only time I add sugar now is if I've got guests who want the "authentic" absinthe experience.

By tabreaux on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 05:47 pm: Edit

A few notes:

While La Fee absinthe may be 'authenticated' by MC Delahaye, it is not a copy of any specific old absinthe. It is a variation of one of many recipes she has found. It is a decent product. As far as I know, it is distributed in the UK only at this time.

The 'proper' ratio of absinthe to water is 1:5. If you didn't like it at 1:7 however, 1:5 will only make it worse.

As far as absinthe and sweetness, the originals were nowhere as sweet as many of these Spanish absentas and modern pastis. The old ritual is rather useless as adding sugar only seems to make things worse.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 01:45 pm: Edit

wes,

I just went through my first shipment of Deva Absenta, and I have to tell you that the traditional method of mixing it appox. 1:7 with cold water and a sugar cube tasted awful to me. Ditto for the same minus the sugar cube. I found it most palatable mixed with club soda, over ice cubes, with a twist of lemon. Bear in mind that I'm don't have much of a sweet tooth, and aside from a little fennel in salads or fennel/anise seed in italian sausage, I'm not an anise fan either.

K.

By wes on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 01:31 pm: Edit

I have a fresh bottle of absenta and have never consumed this legendary drink. So, What is the best way to drink absenta???

By michel kerling on Sunday, August 13, 2000 - 01:02 pm: Edit

Where can I buy a bottle of "FEE ABSINTHE"
the absinthe authenticated by MC DELAHAYE
Thank you for help me
Always the french man who write english very bad

If you prefer e-mail me on my e-mail perso

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation