Bring Back The Old Green Text Colour

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Oct 2000:Bring Back The Old Green Text Colour
By Admin on Saturday, October 14, 2000 - 05:28 pm: Edit

the green on the black background would be too dark, not enough contrast. besides, it is the color scheme for the rest of the site.

By Bob_chong on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 09:37 pm: Edit

How about making the colors on the left jibe with the ones on the right? I mean, the new green over here is an addition to the palette rather than a replacement, right? Seems like one green too many. That's my unsolicted $.02.

BC

By Anatomist1 on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 05:51 pm: Edit

The darker green looks less absinthish but is definitely easier to read.

Timk:

You may need to do some serious monitor recalibrating. If you can't see every distinct shade on this scale:

http://www.sphoto.com/techinfo/logoimages/gamma.gif

...it's time to make some adjustments. Photoshop and other commercial imaging programs come with a Gamma & general monitor adjustment utility. If you don't have any such program, you may have to hunt up some freeware. Until I got Photoshop, I thought the knobs on the monitor were just personal preference, but there actually is a "correct" setting for a monitor, in terms of accurate image reproduction.

Web article on Gamma:

http://www.cgsd.com/papers/gamma.html

K.

By Admin on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 05:08 pm: Edit

waaaa? I made it a darker green so it was eeeeazier to read. the other one is a little light. I like it too..

By Artemis on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 05:04 pm: Edit

I'm with Chrysippvs. I like it.

By Chrysippvs on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Not on mine...I am running a super high resolution and it looks great!

By Timk on Friday, October 13, 2000 - 04:46 pm: Edit

God its really hard to read now lol

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation