Absinth.com, the Necronomicon, and the Lion of Judah

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Absinth.com, the Necronomicon, and the Lion of Judah
By Grizlupo on Thursday, June 01, 2000 - 07:13 pm: Edit

Betina is a fellow enthusiast with regard to la Fee Verte and is, to my knowledge, the only reliable provider of Swiss Le Bleue. IMHO, there is bad stuff, good stuff (Spanish), and Swiss Le Bleue. (Had Abdul Alhazrad stuck to Le Bleue he'd be much happier )

By Archangel on Thursday, June 01, 2000 - 01:43 pm: Edit

Betina is the Empress of Elixirs! The Swiss is
great! Thank you Fee Verte!

By sigurd on Thursday, June 01, 2000 - 10:58 am: Edit

Dudes,
I just ordered some Mari and Deva from spiritscorner...I hope I don't regret it. Did you notice the exceptionally high shipping? What's up with that (SPain, I guess)? You'd think it was expensive to fly a bottle of Absinthe to someone in Ohio, judging from that price.
Hey, has anyone actually tried the "King Absinthe" with the floaters in it? Are you supposed to eat the salad at the bottom like a leafy tequila worm?
Thanks for all the advice, I needed it!

Oh yeah, who is the Betina person?

Sig

By B.M.Don on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 11:15 am: Edit

Ah, but Hastur is rumored to have recently opened an absinthe bistro in the Hyades. Unspeakably good absinthe is to be had there! Of course, he is an old pal of Ted's.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, May 24, 2000 - 11:55 pm: Edit

Forgive me but I never do this

-->Begin Rant

Was checking out Absinth.com tonight and found yet another site carrying that absinthe only Cthulhu could enjoy (and even he quakes in fear to the thought!)...Hill's. Oh! But wait they also have that fake Sebors and some of that King's absinthe! "Made from the Swiss recipe" That must have been the one that involves urinating in a bottle and coloring it I saw next to the "steep wormwood in Vodka and enjoy" one found in the necronomicon. Sadly that site had over 1200 hundred hits on it...that means that quite a few people have already wasted 100.00 USD for this trash. What a shame.

Well there is a Lion of Judah coming for all that and I guess I can end my rant and get back to work...making the world a safer place for the absintheur...

<-- End Rant

Justin

By Bigmike (Bigmike) on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 02:34 am: Edit

I totally agree here...
Another thing I can't understand is how www.absenta.com expects 45 for a bottle of Mari Mayans that I can get for 14 from spirits corner.
(OK so I have to buy 5 bottles... but hey... that's my kinda order)

Still people will always make money from the ignorant.

BM

By tabreaux on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 09:15 am: Edit

I'm offended that either of you could find the stomach to make fun of any of these fine products. Who gives a damn about the green fairy? Haven't you ever wanted to dance with the 'Blue Hangover Fairy'? Wouldn't you like to grapple with the 'Brown Bitter Troll' that lurks in the depths of the herbs in that bottle?

Open your mind when you bend over and get screwed by the clueless.

By Bigmike (Bigmike) on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 10:33 am: Edit

If I have offended you then I apologise.
Hill's is great for getting drunk on, but then so is vodka... and vodka's cheaper. I may seem a little mercenary to you but then I'm poor, and I'll thank you not to judge everyone by your own financial standards.

By Michael Snyder on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 12:21 pm: Edit

Settle....Settle...

By flip (12.79.165.241 - 12.79.165.241) on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 02:32 pm: Edit

I think Ted was joking. sheesh.

By tabreaux on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 04:57 pm: Edit

I was totally joking! The 'Blue Hangover Fairy' was referring to the stupid blue color of Hill's and Shulz, and the fact that the cheap spirits cause bad hangovers. The 'Brown Bitter Troll' referred to that crap brown and probably nasty bitter King's Absinth. Believe me, there is not an ounce of quality in these products. They are nothing but an expensive farce.

By The Green Imp (Imp) on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 09:27 pm: Edit

Perhaps there needs to be a big pop up banner reading: "Friends Don't let Friends Drink Hill's"
or Steeping Wormwood in Vodka, "Just Say No"......
Save you stomach, and do a little reading before you buy.......Jay

By Fredie (152.163.201.183 - 152.163.201.183) on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 09:41 pm: Edit

A-ha Ted! I knew you had a sense of humour!
you know it's a good joke when some one actually believes the absurd!
-Fredie

By Bigmike (Bigmike) on Thursday, May 25, 2000 - 11:06 pm: Edit

I shall call him... Evil Ted.
I'm sorry mate, I didn't mean to sound angry, in fact I didn't really think you were very serious about what you said, it was just the sodomising bit at the end that made my blood boil.
Run out of stuff to say now...
Hooray for spiritscorner!

Beware the true absinthe drinkers, for they are fiercely loyal.

PS And I still can't figure out why my name appears twice at the top of these things!

By B.M.Don on Saturday, May 27, 2000 - 01:36 am: Edit

Justin, Beware!

Do not take the names of the Great Old Ones in vain, lest you suffer the fate of various mad Arabs and be torn to shreds by cackling invisible fiends.

And that would be a waste because anyone who likes absinthe and Lovecraft can't be all bad.

-- Big Mango Don

(whose first sold, second published work of science fiction appeared in August Derleth's very last anthology, DARK THINGS, in 1970, hardcover, from Arkham House, of course.) Ah! but you didn't know I used to be southern regional chairman of SFWA -- did you?

Ia! Ia! the black goat of the woods with a thousand young!

By jgturpin on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 08:16 am: Edit

I think it was put best>

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

By chrysippvs on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 08:31 am: Edit

Sadly enough in R'yleh Cthulhu lays trapped forever forced to sip on Hill's. It is no wonder that he is so mad.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation