Trip To Tignes

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Oct 2000:Trip To Tignes
By Timk on Wednesday, October 25, 2000 - 03:59 am: Edit

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 07:07 pm: Edit

That is a nice glass..I have one just like that one but it has a monogram eteced onto the top...although yours appears to have a better res. than mine. Very nice, hope it serves you well!

By Timk on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 05:23 pm: Edit

Jeez - im not having a lot of luck with the pictures - here are the links - anyone care to help for future reference lol : - )

http://www.levannoir.com/images/absinthe/abv102/abv102.htm

http://www.levannoir.com/images/absinthe/abd00/abd00.htm

By Timk on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 05:21 pm: Edit

By Timk on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 05:16 pm: Edit

The set is going to be my 'drinking set' and for $185 I picked up a nice cut reservoir glass,

A cheapo Saucer : - )

And a pressed etoiles spoon

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Yeah the shipping can eat one up, but that is what BEI is for, an alternative to buying from France. Just be weary some of theur inventory is not currently listed...what did you pick up Tim?

By Timk on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 03:14 pm: Edit

Yes, they were very helpful and my order arrived today - only three days after they recieved payment - the items were exactly as described and incredibly well packaged, they even offered some alternatives when i put in the order just to give me some ideas, if anyone on the forum wishes to buy antique glassware - then i can highly recommend Le Vannoir at www.levannoir.com - i am suer BEI is just as good but i have never had any dealings with you and as i live in the U.K. le vannoir's shipping is cheaper

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 08:47 am: Edit

I bought a prior inventory from them, of course by now Marlina and Thierry (despite some obstacles) have accumulated some more items. Good people by the way.

By Timk on Tuesday, October 24, 2000 - 08:17 am: Edit

Hi all im making a trip to Tignes in december - skiing in fact, but i was wondering if there is much of interest to those of us with an interest in absinthe and its history near there - any thaughts
Also i seem to remember reading that someone baught up le vannoir's entire inventory, but i have just baucht some items from them - glass, spoon, and saucer - ill post some pics when they arrive - is thei the same le vannir or a different one?
Timothy

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation