Is Absinth illegal?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Is Absinth illegal?
By JoergGrohne on Sunday, May 28, 2000 - 03:56 pm: Edit

Hi,
i'm interested in Absinth and tried to make some steeped absinth (tastes not bad ;-) and made some studies in bars in Prague

But my question is, is it really illegal to make Absinth? I have been searching databases of german laws and asked some people and the result was, that i found nothing in the databases but i recieved an email with a german law from 1927 that bans absinth (not quite actual and i think that it is not in power).

How is the situation in Germany/Europe/The world?

I think, it would be very interesting. Please write your informations/experiences.

By SeaRobin on Sunday, May 28, 2000 - 09:17 pm: Edit

It is my experience that everything is illegal in the United States. But then again, why shouldn't it be? We have the best congress money can buy.

By Alan Cecil on Monday, May 29, 2000 - 07:48 am: Edit

Absinthe is illegal to buy in the USA, but is not illegal to make, if you macerate it, and not distill it. (Distillation of ANY booze is illegal here). The laws here in the US are soft. Apparently you can own it, drink it, etc. You just can't buy it anywhere here...

By Fredie (152.163.213.64 - 152.163.213.64) on Tuesday, May 30, 2000 - 01:02 am: Edit

I'm sorry but it is ILLEGAL to ask this question.
I'm afraid I'll have to confiscate your Absinthe.
Have it sent to me, Poste restante, Costa Mesa,CA

What? you refuse? Up against the wa..

Ah hell, it was at least worth a try.....

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation