Archive through June 2, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:WHAT IS THE ALLROUND BEST BRAND(INC.TASTE, PRICE, EFFECT ETC.):Archive through June 2, 2000
By Artemis on Friday, June 02, 2000 - 08:15 pm: Edit

If the trend of this board during my hiatus is any indication, the absinthe which is hardest to get, costs the most, and is less likely to be drunk by other people is the best.

There was a time when people were happy to dose Ricard with wormwood extract. Then came Hills. And Sebors. Then, thanks to a guy who is remarkably *absent* from this new board (Absintheur, where are you?), people were indroduced to *absenta* and loved it (note the clever play on words). Now, the Spanish stuff is mere dog piss. Only absinthe from Switzerland will do. Next stop, Mars.

What a bunch of crap. The absinthe you HAVE is the best absinthe. The absinthe YOU CAN GET is the next best. Hill's is not absinthe. With that disclaimer, I rest my case and return, hiatus-wise, to where I once belonged.

By tabreaux on Friday, June 02, 2000 - 08:28 am: Edit

You won't see green fairies, regardless of what you drink. Although even the best commercial absinthes at this time are mediocre, I'd have to say the best overall deal will probably be Deva Absenta.

By COCAINE JANE on Friday, June 02, 2000 - 06:46 am: Edit

What is the allround best brand?I here some of you cry Bleue but isn't it a tad expensive?I want to find the best brand using price, taste, effectivness, availability and anything else you can think of.Think people!

Cocaine Jane

P.S Is sebor worth it and what do you have to drink to see these famous little green faries I've been hearing about?Oh yea, and where can i order Bleue?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation