La Bodega Alcalde finally updates their site!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:La Bodega Alcalde finally updates their site!
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through June 29, 2000  1   06/29 04:31pm

By arturo ui on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 07:36 pm: Edit

sorry j, but you're wrong.
y'see there's these things called adjectives and nouns, and

(try to follow me here)

they're not the same things!

voden mit chochem?

- art

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:04 pm: Edit

Well the reality is that Julian Segarra only has a few bottles a month for sale to Federico of SC. Those bottles are bottles are more or less had by Betina first thing. I can't even get them. If you look however on the Spanish translation of the SC site you will see Segarra listed if you search..well I did a few months ago.

You may want to write a letter to Segarra and ask him. From what I have heard the new crops coming in this July should allow for more volume in production..bear in mind it is a family affair and the labels are literally printed on home computer. It is good absinthe..but I wish it did not have sugar added..every Spanish brands has two major flaws IMHO added sugar and tons of star anise...

Take care everyone!

- J (and BTW Meshguneh isn't really yiddish, it is an americanism, the real word is Meshuga)

By arturo ui on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 03:33 am: Edit

my little meshugenah, it's nice to see you've got your life so well balanced...

but still, i really wish you wouldn't say things like that.

- art

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Capitalism is a part of me as much as this Kippot I wear ever Friday night...

By Bob Chong on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:10 pm: Edit

I know it--it's all black market dealings, more or less.

FWIW, I ordered two bottles from SpirtsCorner to the tune of >$60, including shipping. If La Bodega has similar shipping charges, I would hope to get two bottles of Segarra for around $100 total.

I know what you're saying, but aren't there any "head stash dealers" around here???

(insert old man waving his fist fruitlessly)

By eric on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 09:09 pm: Edit

I think segarra really is the best of the spanish brands, it's probably worth paying extra for.

By Don Walsh on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Dear Bob

If Bodega Alcalde is anything like SpiritsCorner in their shipping charges, then you could well end up paying a total of $75 -- or more -- total price per bottle . I really hate to say so, but that does start to make certain Arizona based resellers start to look more palatable on price.

By Bob Chong on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 07:25 pm: Edit

$100 per bottle! That wacky Bettina and her 300% mark-up...(and she's not the only one with the jaw-dropping mark-ups, wink-wink, you capitalist sharper, you ;-))

What--is she selling them in airports and professional sports arenas? Something to wash down a seven dollar hot dog?

Anyway, I rant.

I guess I'll learn a little Spanish and save $72/bottle.

But seriously, no insult intended above. I appreciate you helping me out. Thanks, Chryssipvs.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 05:56 pm: Edit

The site seemed confusing to me and needed much to be done. I am not sure how to order from there. You may want to try Betina she carries Segarra for around 100 a bottle I think (although I could be wrong.)

By Bob Chong on Tuesday, August 29, 2000 - 04:11 pm: Edit

Chrysippvs (or anyone else):

Have you every tried ordering from this place? What's it like? I sent them an email (in English) last week and have not heard back. Plus, now their site seems to be down (the url listed in this thread, anyway).

By Chrysippvs on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 11:15 pm: Edit

IMHO Segarra is the only Spanish brand worth investing in. I find the quite superior to all the other Spanish brands..

By Bob Chong on Friday, August 25, 2000 - 09:18 pm: Edit

You wrote
The online ordering link is presently unconnected, so I haven't yet gotten a clear notion of what Juan-Bautista is intending to charge for shipping...My prior experience with La Bodega Alcalde has been very good (if a tad slow)

The site still looks quite buggy, and I don't speak Spanish...but could you tell me more about your past experience ordering from them? Do you remember how much shipping was back then? Overall, is Segarra worth paying for versus the less expensive stuff available through SpiritsCorner?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation