SUPPORT FOR BETINA'S ELIXIRS

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:SUPPORT FOR BETINA'S ELIXIRS
By Morriganlefey on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 12:59 pm: Edit

Hee hee! Funny to read my post below - one of my very first on this forum.

Yes, I am not Betty, but did deal with her. I did not go as far as to order from her (found another source), but did correspond with her plenty and found her pleasant, if somewhat pricey. So while I won't dish out my cash to her, I won't join the Chong flame ring either. Ever the pacifist.

(And thank you, Artemis, for your kind words. Through it all, I think you know that the feeling is still mutual).

-M

By Artemis on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 10:03 am: Edit

Well, Bluedog and Morrigan are not Betty. Morrigan is not only real, but a very interesting and attractive woman. I haven't seen Bluedog in person, but his words here show he's very knowledgable about Louisiana cuisine and music.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, May 15, 2001 - 12:08 am: Edit

There's that same spacey hipnotic tone... I think your onto something Chonger!

By Daria on Wednesday, June 14, 2000 - 02:01 pm: Edit

Daria Again,

I forgot to mention in my previous post that I ordered absinthe from La Boheme as well and am satisfied with their service and products.

By Grizlupo on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 07:20 pm: Edit

(Sipping a glass of Betina's La Bleue) Well and truly spoken, Daria!

Cordially,

Grizlupo

By Morrigan Le Fey on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Daria - your post says all I intended to say without having to say it again. Bravo. I, also, am a novice "absintheur" but well-read absinthe scholar. I have dealt with both Betina and Spiritscorner with resounding applause (at this moment, I gaze foundly at 2 emerald bottles arrived just today while my spoon waits patiently atop it's glass!!) Oh, and a mini-rant: The bickering I have read about Betina and Justin have (almost) given the enjoyment of le fee verte a bad aftertaste!! Please, friends, remember that we are here to share and educate. To slander eachother only wastes time and lessens the experience.

Merci & Adieu,
Morrigan

(P.S. I go now to enjoy a California sunset while sipping my prize. May all our absinthe experiences be as Daria's description above - 'tis a thing of beauty!).

(P.S.S. Would be interested in meeting other San Francisco abstinthe/victorian/gothic enthusiasts - email me if you'd like.)

By bluedog1 on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 03:46 pm: Edit

Daria, I echo your sentiments. I too am a novice drinker, however I have been studying the culture of absinthe for over 10 years, and doing my bit to preserve artifacts. This forum has been a constant source of solid information and the participants have been very helpful in providing their experiences and opinions.

When I finally got down to buying my first, and hopefully not my last, bottle, I ended on Bettina's doorstep. She is wonderful to do business with! With just a short note, she provided more information than anyone could ever need on her products and services. She waited while I shopped around and compared the overall buying experience. Research complete, I sent her a check.

The package arrived in short order, and I was so impatient that I even used the tracking number to follow my order on its journey. Of course, Bettina was there all along the way to answer questions.

Finally, my order arrived. It was like Christmas and my birthday all rolled together. Everything was well wrapped, packaged and just as I ordered. I will certainly use her service again in the future, as I try other brands (I'm saving for her Bleue) and recommend her to my trusted friends with whom I intend to share my bottle.

Bettina is a charm and a treasure. Sure the price is a little more, but the total lack of hassle, and the personalized service it worth every penny. As long as she can stay in business, I shall continue to use her service exclusively.

By Daria on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Good Afternoon All,

It seems an appropriate time to reiterate my very positive experience with Betty of Betina's Elixirs. I purchased a bottle of Betina's Bleue and am very happy with it. It arrived in perfect condition and she kept in constant contact with me throughout the process. I have received from time-to-time very nice e-mails from her following my initial purchase I find her service to be rare in a marketplace dominated by greedy corporations and other less than ethical persons.

I will not comment on a seller or service that I have not used. However, I am quite frustrated and confused by the recent back-and-forth posts claiming this-and-that....mine's better than theirs, etc...All I know is this, I have bought absinthe from Spirit's Corner and Betina's Elixirs. I am more than satisfied with the service of both vendors. I also enjoy and look forward to Betty's correspondence and will use her service again. The Bleue that I bought from Betina is the most exquisite absinthe I have tasted yet. I have tried Deva, Sebor, Staroplzenecky and Mari Mayans, each unique in their own way. But, none of those brands come close to the Bleue Betina sent me.

Folks, I am a novice absinthe drinker and have used this forum for both educational and informational purposes. The forum should remain a source of enlightenment and should not be used to bash other people and/or products they sell. If there is a valid reason to warn the participants of this forum of a specific incident, then by all means do so. But I implore you to not fabricate or distort the truth. To do so greatly compromises this forum, and the good things about it.

Sorry to ramble on! As a final note, because of the nature of absinthe, we should give it it's due reverence and respect. In most places it is illegal and we can't afford to surround ourselves with negativity. We are fortunate to have access to absinthe and we don't want to lose our ability to obtain it!

Daria

P.S. Here is a description of my experience with Betina's Bleue on Saturday, June 10th (I sent this to Betina):

My husband and I shared three glasses of Bleue last night and it was wonderful. When drinking the Bleue, the color purple always figures prominently in the experience. My husband and I were sitting on our deck and it was around 9:00 PM and after drinking some absinthe, we both noticed a distinct purplish hue around the moon. It was beautiful. There was also a warm breeze which made the trees sway ever so gently. They seemed to be engaging in a soft, rhythmic dance and at that moment, all was right with the world! That, combined with the flickering of the candle, the faint howl of a dog and fireflies which looked like sprites made for a very magical

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation