Belle Epoch personal response

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Belle Epoch personal response
By Trent on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 09:53 pm: Edit

Sorry for the "flame", dude.
Me 'n Bubba be likin' us some firewater.

By hippy on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 09:51 pm: Edit

Trent

Respectability is the last thing I'm looking for.
I've avoided it all my life.

By Trent on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 09:47 pm: Edit

You guys up north "oughta" check a dictionary sometimes as well.

It will improve your respectability (something like using words such as "Ball-Buster" will).

By hippy on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 09:46 pm: Edit

Trent

Keep drinking and you'll probably end up speaking Spainish or, since you're drinking La Bleue, Swizz.

By Trent on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 09:41 pm: Edit

Thanks, but i'm not exactly looking for "public relations", Hippy.
p.s.
SPANISH is SPAINISH after four glasses of La Bleue.

By hippy on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 09:35 pm: Edit

Hey you guys down south oughta learn how to spell Spanish. It's SPANISH not "SPAINISH".

I know I'm starting to sound like a ball-buster, but the spelling and grammar errors in these
Belle Epoch related posts are bad public relations. Use your spell check or a dictionary,
it'll improve your respectability.

In the meantime, I'm sure I've overstayed my welcome. I'm going back into my cave to read some poetry by Spainish writer Federico Garcia Lorca.

By Trent on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 08:49 pm: Edit

I was referred to Belle Epoch by a friend that has done business with Justin before. I was shocked by some of the post I have read on this forum. He seemed to be an intelligent and mature business man from from the responses he gave to my questions. I got my shipment today as I went and picked it up from the friend who purchased it directly from Justin.

I found it very tasty although it did need sugar to cover the slight tinge bitterness. Although there was a slight mint (somewhat dry I think) taste the liqourice aspect (which I am not fond of) was more of a background taste. Very complex light Deva, but not so overpoweringly Herbal.

After 1 glass I was somewhat warm (I am sure my doses are off as I don't have a goblet for drinking it properly yet) After the next, the secondary affects were becoming very evident. I finished the third and had some pronounced problems with depth-perception and some colors seemed more vibrant. The fourth glass was my last for tonight and I just finished it about 2 hours ago. This absinthe, to me, is more pronounced in affect and infinitly better in taste than any Spainish brand I have had (Deva, Mari Mayans, and Lasala from Spirits Corner).

I have not tried Betina's La Bleue and cannot attest to it's quality (Way to pricey for my blood for now). I can although tell the forum that I have had a VERY positive experience with Belle Epoch and Justin. I cannot understand the slamming going on when no one has even tried it. I am sure those who have ordered from him will not be disappointed.

Take care and thanks Justin!

Trent R

Tupelo MS

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation