Archive through September 1, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Hemmingway + Montana:Archive through September 1, 2000
By Billynorm on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 11:38 am: Edit

Anatomist,

An Arabian proverb:

"He who knows & knows he knows, he is wise, follow him.

"He who knows & knows not he knows, he is asleep, wake him.

"He who knows not & knows he knows not, he is simple, teach him.

"He who knows not & knows not he knows not, he is a fool, shun him."

By Anatomist1 on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 08:39 am: Edit

Marc,

Sorry to disappoint you, but I already challenged him to a duel on another thread. I've had many problems with guys like him: tearing down/grafittiing my show advertisements, calling me names in response books, and even vandalizing some of my sculptures. My first reaction is always the desire to break them into little pieces. Fortunately, after a run or two and a heavy bag session, I'm able to get more philosophical about it. Thanks again.

"When a wise man encounters the Way,
he immediately recognizes it,
and follows it unerringly.

When an ordinary man encouters the Way,
he accepts and follows some of it,
and rejects some.

When a fool encounters the Way,
he ridicules it,
and if he did not,
it wouldn't be the Way.

-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

K.

By Marc on Friday, September 01, 2000 - 02:00 am: Edit

lurker,

your a sick fuck. anatomist has too much class to
respond to your lowlife horseshit, I don't.

By lurker on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 05:05 pm: Edit

Anatomist=Jeffery Dahmer

By Black Rabbit on Thursday, August 31, 2000 - 08:23 am: Edit

Morrigan, thank you for saying 'Edgar Allan Poo.'

I love the little cartoon it made run in my head:

A small, well dressed yellowish bear, having drinks in the 100 Acre Absinthe House with friends...

'Oh, bother. You know, Rabbit, I find this drink improves clarity of thought quite a bit. I have only just now realized I have hated you passionately all these years. Piglet, fetch my pistols.'

By Billynorm on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Wwhhaatt aabboouutt Wwiilliiaamm Ss. Bbuurroouugghhss?

Why is it that second sight & seeing double don't mean the same thing? (Or unsightly & invisible? Or middle-age & half-life?)

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 10:07 pm: Edit

Hey I like Poo..oh wait nevermind

By Morrigan Le Fey on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 09:21 pm: Edit

And let's not forget Edgar Allen Poo...

By Don Walsh on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 09:10 pm: Edit

Absinthe was also popular with Vvan Ggogh, Picccaso, Verllainne, Rimmbaud, etc etc.

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 03:36 pm: Edit

I guess you're right. Why make a friend when you can make a buck...

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 02:14 pm: Edit

I don't it is ripping anyone off. If the starting price is at 1.00 and there is no reserve it is all about what people will pay for them...

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:51 pm: Edit

With regards to those people who sellempty bottles of Montana, Deva, etc... on ebay: STOP THEM! We don't need the bad PR of some WIZ-esque dude ripping off the curious on ebay. We need to get them to spirits corner and the forum. I have gone and done the Robin Hood thing several times myself, and the had and almost-had have all been very grateful. Click on the bid history of such an auction and email a warning to the buyers/potential buyers. Invite them to the forum, and tell them about spirits corner. Join me, brave citizens of sherwood...

K.

By Bob Chong on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 01:14 pm: Edit

All right, all right. I wasn't going to say anything, but since this injustice is being carried over into entirely new threads...

It's HEMINGWAY.

One "m" only.

People are going to come to this forum and think we're a bunch of idiots. ;-)

BC

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 11:27 am: Edit

I would imagine that Montana was not there in the 20 when Hemmingway way...although Pernod Terragona was and they were produing fine absinthe in Spain as of 1918, and I would be willing to bet he was drinking Pernod...

By Random Poster on Wednesday, August 30, 2000 - 11:16 am: Edit

Some individual is selling a rather large amount of Absinthe related items on ebay. He includes three miniature bottles of Montana. He stated that Montana was Hemmingways favorite brand. Can anyone confirm this?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation