Just a thaught

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Just a thaught
By Tabreaux on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 11:07 am: Edit

It wil be well before next summer.

By Jkk on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Ted,
Any idea on when that would be? December?
January? Next summer?

By Tabreaux on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 08:36 pm: Edit

When the testing is complete, I will release the results in a novel way.

By Anatomist1 on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 08:00 pm: Edit

Speaking of the GC, when are we going to be able to read the tale of Ted's column?

K.

By Don_walsh on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 07:26 pm: Edit

TimK you are proceeding from false assumptions.

I like and respect Mr WW but his GC work on absinthes etc was flawed, so don't count on FDA finding same results. Ted didn't.

New Millenium staunchly denies that MM is absent thujone. I doubt that they would be interested in relabeling it as a pastis, even were that to be the case, as their main market is in the UK.

The same applies to the Czech horsepiss sold by the various Green entities.

By Tabreaux on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 04:16 pm: Edit

I believe you'd have to disclose everything that's in it. This being the case, it would be disqualified. Absinthium is a no-no.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 03:22 pm: Edit

That would seem like the matter. But there are two different entities that have a ban on absinthe, and then a seperate ban on various herbs in found in absinthe. Thujone is just a incidental thing that is easy to name that may be in absinthe to keep it under raps. The legality concerning absinthe is very convuluted and several levels in several bureaus...I am working with a good lawyer friend of mine to get a overall look at the law and an indept look at what makes it illegal...when I get a brief type up I will post it on my site.

speaking of which..I have updated my site and totally revamped my Absinthe Antiques FAQ. Check it out here:

http://216.147.36.57/superduppersite/?page=bei/index

Any critques for my site...always wanting to debug it..

- J

By Timk on Thursday, November 02, 2000 - 02:53 pm: Edit

I dont live in the U.S.A. so correct me if I am wrong, but if the only reason for the ban of absinthe is the FDA regs on detectable thujone content, surely MM could be legal - has anyone contacted the manufacturers to ask about this although i am no expert on the processes involved with FDA testing, i would presume that if Mr. Wormwood didnt detect any thujone in his tests, then the FDA shouldnt, and even if they fell back on the old laws, then MM could just re-label it as a Pastis - just a thaught : - )

Tim

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation