Picon et stella artois number 9

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Picon et stella artois number 9
By Petermarc on Sunday, November 05, 2000 - 04:33 am: Edit

unfortunatley 1664 is the beer i see prefered
most by street/metro bums in paris...it is therefore hard to be fair about it in my mind (though i have been tempted to say fuck-it and just sit down, pee on myself, and join them) but
i will say i have bought it and it is better then
all "domestic" brands mass-marketed in the us...to me there just isn't enough of a difference between stella and 1664 to get excited about...hence, picon bierre...

By Timk on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 02:03 pm: Edit

Thats a damn nice glass !!
Tim

By Ekmass on Saturday, November 04, 2000 - 01:38 pm: Edit

well well you sure have been doing your homework. Thanks! I know thais is a Absinthe forum but do you really prefer Stella over Kronenburg especially the 1664?

By Petermarc on Friday, November 03, 2000 - 05:33 pm: Edit

i guess i should have proof-read, but posting
a picture really freaks me out

By Petermarc on Friday, November 03, 2000 - 05:28 pm: Edit

"it was in 1837 that gaetan picon created the famous recipe known as d'Amer Picon. orange peel,
gentiane, quinquina and alot of talent gave picon it's original taste the is very appreciated."
"all blond beers are harmonious with picon biere"
"for tasting picon bierrs pour a half bottle of very cold blond beer over 3 cl of picon biere...
observe the amber tint, bright and intense then dill the glass.discover the fresh sensations and fruity aromas of orange. then soon, find the more complex notes of the gentiane and quinquina.share with moderation this unique and thirst-quenching flavor amoung friends.
"picon c'est bon"
there's also a picon club, but i didn't see it.
18% alcohol...
what more can i say except after a glass you think
to youself "with all the great stuff to try in france, i'm drinking this crap?" it's not poison
it is better more diluted...orangey, bittery,
gentianey, beery...oh, and the stella artois comes in the handy (and exclusive)10-pack (hey it's only 25 cl, wht the hell is that shit? we
need a 10 pack just to drive to the vache folle
pull)...and at 22.60francs ($3)reassuringly expensive, billy-claude...picon

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation