Archive through November 1, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Absinthe Antiques for the UK:Archive through November 1, 2000
By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, November 07, 2000 - 11:36 am: Edit

Phil,

I love your profile "Fav. Absinthe Brand: Old" that is classic!

Just out of curosity how many different old absinthe have you had and what brands?

- Justin

By Frenchman on Tuesday, November 07, 2000 - 09:00 am: Edit

I am happy to work with absinthedrinker !!
His site is right and he seems really interested to know the real absinthe story.... no inventions !! :)

PhiL

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, November 01, 2000 - 11:56 pm: Edit

No I honestly appreciate the critique, as I said it is a first effort and I will be making some design changes when I am adding more inventory over the weekend.

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, November 01, 2000 - 05:19 pm: Edit

I like the site's colors, design and layout. The interactivity doesn't strike me as a problem.

I am a little ambivalent about some of the photographs. The backlighting and greenery in the background make for a very pleasant overall appearance. Since I'm not in the market for any glasses, I like the look and feeling. However, if I were interested in buying one, I would like to (also) see a picture with more visual information about the glasses themselves (i.e., diffused or bounced lighting and an uncluttered background). Taking those pictures in the same setting with a very shallow depth of field to blur the background might be a good compromise...

Sorry if you weren't looking for your site to be subjected to an art critique, just thought I'd join in.

K.

By Malhomme on Wednesday, November 01, 2000 - 04:20 pm: Edit

Absinthedrinker,

I really liked the site. I disagree with Bob, for once. I thought the site was very intuitive.
Though I'm no fan of WYSIWYG programs, it's an impressive job.

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, November 01, 2000 - 08:40 am: Edit

Cheers Kallisti

By Admin on Wednesday, November 01, 2000 - 07:47 am: Edit

Ian's site has been added to the vendor section in the guide. Thanks Ian!!!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation