Hats of to Spirit Corners and Cristina

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Hats of to Spirit Corners and Cristina
By _blackjack_ on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 11:27 pm: Edit

Bob-

Check your email.

By Bob_chong on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 08:45 pm: Edit

Zeemanb:

How about some URLs for the cigars?

Thanks!

BC

By Zeemanb on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 03:32 pm: Edit

Blackjack, the Havana Club 7 and the Varadero 7 are very similar in flavor, and definitely superior to most of the non-"contraband" rums available here in the U.S. (Some Venezuelan and Dominican rums are darn tasty.) Definitely check them out when you order.

However, I have yet to find ANYWHERE that has Cuban Matusalem rum available for sale outside of Cuba.

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 11:32 am: Edit

I didn't even think about ordering Cuban Rum...cool...

(Non-Amerikans: All products of Cuba are contraband in the US because, well, we have our heads up our asses.)

MMM...Partigas Lusitanias...drooool...

By Zeemanb on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 08:23 pm: Edit

Hello, I'm new to the forum and to Spirits Corner. Thanks for all of the reviews that led me to them as I lurked. My first order arrived after about a 12 day wait, and I was quite impressed with the packaging and their quality of service. Six bottles of Cuban rum and Absinthe arrived like a dream on my doorstep here in Kansas City last week. I do a LOT of overseas ordering, usually cigars, and their friendliness and service has definitely made a regular out of me. No idea if the Deva will go as well with a Partagas Lusitania as the Havana Club rum, but I've got plenty of experimenting ahead.

By Treeman5 on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 06:23 pm: Edit

I thought I was about to go mad trying to undo the "tight" packing job they did on my bottle of Deva..It was well worth the pile of garbage on my floor once I gained entry to my prize..A funny thing though, I had ordered the Deva about 4 days earlier than another order..Deva arrived about 4 days after my second order, go figure...Anyway, I'm glad that it got to me, in one piece, and have been enjoying it at every opportunity..Cristina was very helpful with my inquiries, and they have done wonderfully by me, so no complaints..Shipping charges are a bitch but ....................

By Relrella on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 02:43 pm: Edit

yes, it finally came, a neat little package with string and a deva inside... what a good job packing they do, I have so much garbage on my floor now.. Thanks you spirits corner...

By Midas on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 01:07 am: Edit

Same here. I've recieved one order after 10 days, and the last one took three and a half weeks, due to circumstances beyond their control. Don't worry, they're good folk at SC, you'll get your order.
-Robert.

By Marcellin on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 09:15 pm: Edit

Grimger,
Hang in there my friend. I've placed many orders with SC and there does not seem to be a shipping pattern I can ascertain. I've received shipment in as little as 9 days and as long as 23 days. In fact my last order arrived after much consternation (the aforementioned 23 days). But, the bottom line (as all lines invariable are) is that "it did arrive".

Peace.

Marcellin.

By Grimbergen on Thursday, November 16, 2000 - 11:28 am: Edit

Arghhhhhh. 13 days now since it was shipped. I've been awake for and working for almost 30hrs, can finally relax. I felt like crying when it didn't arrive today. All I want is some Deva and a good 16hrs of rest.

gimgerneb

By Greenhour on Wednesday, November 15, 2000 - 10:46 pm: Edit

Hey, guess what?
My order arrived at under the 17 days I was told
to wait! Perfect condition and ready to go. Very
happy, thanks to Spirits Corner. Hang in there if
you're still waiting

By Perruche_verte on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 09:50 pm: Edit

Hang in there. They say 7-10 days, but it's taken some people a little over two weeks. They are very pleasant and responsive to email, so you could write them if you get worried.

By Relrella on Tuesday, November 14, 2000 - 04:39 pm: Edit

well I'm still waiting, I placed my order on the 26th of october, and they said it will take 7-10 days, shall it ever arrive, or shall I be faced to wait interminably....?

By Artemis on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 12:13 pm: Edit

Drink well and prosper, Treeman. I received a care package on Halloween Eve, containing La Bleue and two boot.. er,, home science projects. I know the feeling. I was asked the next day for an objective opinion. I said, what? I'm just getting f***** up!!

By Treeman5 on Monday, November 13, 2000 - 06:59 am: Edit

BOOOYAHHHHH! Mission accomplished! Even though I generally sleep til noon, due to shift that I work, it's always a welcome awakening when they come bearing absinthe..Just recieved my order from Spirits Corner and started on the first bottle..I couldn't help myself nor could I wait til 3 am when I got out of work, before I had a glass..So, I'll probably be going to work pretty "f-ed" up..Well anyway, I tip my glass to the forum..Hope everyone has as good a day as me..
Talk at ya later!

Matt

By Treeman5 on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Good News only 3 days more till my order arrives, oh the suspense is killing me..I'm totally out of "stock" hurry hurry hurry..Hey Michele I think I'll try the La Fee and ice cream, maybe a milkshake?? Hummmm maybe they can add that flavor at Baskin Robbins, absinthe ice cream..

Matt

By Michele on Friday, November 10, 2000 - 12:18 am: Edit

heh, heh, you mentioned one of my greatest phobias - calimari. when i was 13, my dad waved an impaled tentacle in my face. he knew damn well how i'd react. i shrieked in the middle of this quiet overpriced santa monica restaurant. mollusks, hate 'em! i'm more charitable towards dad, time heals y'know.

btw, i love la fee. and this may sound odd, but it's lovely over a good vanilla bean or pistachio ice cream.

By Midas on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 09:24 pm: Edit

Anatomist, I know what you mean. My flatmate bought some mushrooms recently, like shitaki's, but pink and translucent, and sort of gelatinous looking. I couldn't rationally concieve that she was planning on eating these things. They looked like something H.P Lovecraft would've been proud of.
"Hi, I'm looking for broccoflower, asian mushrooms, and calamari..."
"Oh sure. They're in the Lurking Fear aisle. Two down on the left."

By Anatomist1 on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 07:03 pm: Edit

An unrelated scary synthetic food, also green: Broccoflower. Has anyone ever noticed the distinct fractal pattern in the flower clusters? I was in the middle of eating some once, and it started freaking me out: I had to abort. Ain't et none since...

K.

By Black_rabbit on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 04:38 pm: Edit

Did anyone else ever notice the little crystals in Sebor after you add water? Far as I can tell (they are small) they are hexagonal.

By Wiz on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 01:40 pm: Edit

You guessed it Mari's was what I was writing about.

By Absintheur on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 01:31 pm: Edit

Scary louche fun:

1) Place a glass or bottle of Mari Mayans 70% in the freezer for a few hours.

2) Remove and quickly add ice cold water fresh from the refrigerator.

3) Stir with a cold spoon.

Yuck. Anethole.

It's still drinkable, but it's not nice.

By Wiz on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 01:17 pm: Edit

It took my order 13 days this time, just got it yesterday evening.
Have you ever noticed how the louche, after awhile goes from cloudy then to these crystal-like flakes as the solution clears, then come out as white floaters on the side of the glass, then soon the louche clears up?. This happens when I ice it up and then slowly consume the concoction.
The floaters have a sweet taste.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 12:16 pm: Edit

Haven't you heard Peter! Absinthe makes you kill your children, beat your wife, and practice sodomy with 16 year old poetic geniuses!

By Petermarc on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 11:28 am: Edit

it is good, though, i keep a bottle for the pastis drinking father-in-law, but he is starting to get a taste for absinthe, yikes, what have i done?

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 11:03 am: Edit

Versinthe is pastis..not absinthe

By Treeman5 on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 09:38 am: Edit

Well my order is only 4 days out and my mouth is watering already. Cristina mentioned something about La Versinthe..Is it any good, anybody? I'm dreaming of a "green"Christmas, and I'd like to get a couple more good brands before then.

By Greenhour on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 07:29 am: Edit

Im on my tenth day of a pending delivery. Glad to
hear your order worked out well even after 17
days. I'll give it another 7.
Cheer

By Domingo on Wednesday, November 08, 2000 - 11:21 am: Edit

Another great order from SC. All bottles intact and accounted for. Around 17 days by slow mail. Great service. I promised a good post if all went well and it did.
Domingo

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation