Archive through November 9, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Absente Dietary Supplement:Archive through November 9, 2000
By Perruche_verte on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 03:50 pm: Edit

Wow, I feel all warm and fuzzy now. Thanks, Marc.

And thanks for the tip, Absinthedrinker, but a number of Google searches failed to turn up anything on those Ducerf reproductions. Any advice? I suppose I could try contacting the Dome...

Petermarc, you're right: I know the Absente glass looks nothing like an absinthe glass, and the spoon really doesn't fit well. It works OK if the spoon is balanced in the middle, not using the metal crease. But the narrow glass also increases the splash and dribble factor if you pour the water too quickly... I must need a saucer.

By Don_walsh on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 03:36 pm: Edit

I ain't hip at ALL and don't like telling anyone what to do. But if you must drink with Michel Roux, do so with a long straw, is my advice.

By Marc on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 01:21 pm: Edit

I am the high priest of "ultra-hip" I proclaim everyone in the forum "ultra-hip". Your badges and i.d. cards are in the mail.

By Black_rabbit on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Only if you grow a goatee and have your membership dues paid up.

By Petermarc on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 07:34 am: Edit

gman,
you post something, you may or may not get a response, it isn't always what you want to hear, and we all have our opinions, especially about absinthe and things like it, though it goes in all directions here and that's what makes it interesting..."it is better to be talked about, than not to be talked about"..speaking for myself, i have never been refered to as "ultrahip" but can i be one now i am posting here?

By Gman on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 07:04 am: Edit

I know perfectly well what Absente (oops, mentioned the "A" word) is and is not. Besides, I won't be letting the "ultra hip" decide what I but anytime soon.

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 05:55 am: Edit

I won't presume to answer for Mike but I know that he is switching into the poster business as it is less 'inventory intensive'. Looks like you'll have to put up with me and Justin!

By Petermarc on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 05:54 am: Edit

seek and yee shall find, in lux mags like wine spectator or in wine/liquor stores...a horrible modern attempt at an epoch poster with a stupid looking fée with butterfly wings and two guys at a round table, one who looks a little like toulouse-lautrec and the other like a junior stockbroker of the 1980's...terrible art...a reference to 1899 and 1999 is also made...like i
said, it is embarrassing...

By Midas on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 05:28 am: Edit

Petermarc: Why is the Go Away/Absente promo poster so painful? I've never seen it, and I'm curious...
Also, does anyone know what's going on with "Absinthe Collectibles" anyway? All the site says is it's making way for "Masters of the Poster" or something similar. It's a shame to see an absinthe buisness going under, but a sale is a sale. Hoorah VISA.
-Robert.

By Absinthedrinker on Thursday, November 09, 2000 - 05:01 am: Edit

If you order a pastis in the Dome restaurant on Blvd Montparnasse in Paris you will get it served in a swirl glass. They are made by Ducerf in Montmatre and are excellent reproductions - I'd beware of them surfacing on ebay though...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation