Krut's Karport Absinth - My Review

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Krut's Karport Absinth - My Review
By Gman on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 07:47 pm: Edit

"reanimator juice" I love it!
Herbert West, spokesperson for Krut's Karport sez: "Inject some life into your next party with Karport absinthe!"

By Tabreaux on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 04:52 pm: Edit

Thanks to a member of this BB, I was able to obtain a bottle of Krut's Karport Absinth for review.

I just read Luger's review which is posted in the buyer's guide, and I wish I had something significant to add to it, but he pretty much hit the nail on the head with his description. The liqueur is such a vibrant, artificial green that it just may qualify as 're-animator juice'. As for flavor, I find the taste to be almost entirely star anise (a la Mari Mayans), and would be virtually indistinguishable from MM aside from a faint flavor of what appears to be fennel. If anything, the flavor is just slightly more pointed than MM, and it louches pretty well.

I think the name Krut's 'Karport' is rather fitting, as the chintzy computer-generated label makes it look like it came from a 'karport' (read 'carport'). If this product is priced highly as is mentioned in the current review, they are making one heck of a profit. It appears to be completely macerated to me. Nevertheless, it's just another funky exhibit for the absinthe-related oddities shelf.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation