Deva Las Vegas

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Deva Las Vegas
By Midas on Saturday, November 18, 2000 - 12:59 am: Edit

Yeah, best of luck Marc. Sounds fabulous. The best description of Las Vegas I've ever heard was from a friend of mine who said it looked like Liberace had exploded. Nice image.
A sleeping car on a train... there's something very cramped yet romantic about that.
Again, I hope it all goes well.
-Robert.

By Marcellin on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 09:42 pm: Edit

Marc, I love Vegas - and I think Vegas loves me, at least that what she said last time I was there (but she always says that, doesn't she?)

Keep us informed, I'd like to visit when next I'm in Sin City.

Peace.

Marcellin

By Perruche_verte on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Peace, Marc. Best of luck in the new venture.

By Marc on Friday, November 17, 2000 - 06:23 pm: Edit

I'm leaving for Vegas to open up a honky tonk/hot rod bar. My former partners in The Rodeo Bar have
asked me to be a creative consultant on a new project. I'm planning on combining rockabilly
imagery with hot rod art (Von Dutch, Big Daddy Roth), retro Vegas kitsch and Bakersfield hillbilly weirdness. An homage to fringe pop culture of the 50's and early 60's. Think Elvis and Ann Margaret in "Spinout". Wish me luck. I'll visit the forum as soon as I get near one of those
Vegas slot machine/computer combos. I'm afraid to fly, so I've reserved a room in a sleeping car on Amtrack. I'll catch up on some reading. Of course,
a bottle of the green stuff will be my travelling companion. Deva Las Vegas!

Peace and love to you all,

Marc

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation