Charteuse Elixir Vegetal

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Charteuse Elixir Vegetal
By Oxygenee on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 11:10 pm: Edit

Thanks to all for the feedback. By way of comparison,the wholesale price of Chartreuse V.E.P. in South Africa is $16 per 500ml bottle, and that of Elixir Vegetal is $4.20 - I'm thinking arbitrage possibilities.....

By Melinelly on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 11:12 am: Edit

at the store i work at (where we often have the best prices in california), we used to retail the green VEP at $150 and the yellow VEP at $140.

due to the absence of any market for it (any chartreuse fan could easily find it for cheaper outside of CA), we discontinued carrying it and marked our bottles down for liquidation. after two months of markdowns, and no one snatching them up, i've stashed them in the backroom. they'll be marked down again the next sales period (Dec. 5th) and then i'll buy them myself for probably not much more than $50 for both bottles!

not sure what we paid wholesale. probably around $100 or so (per bottle).

cheers!

emmy

By Sir_winston on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 08:35 am: Edit

Retail prices in my own state within the U.S., minus my state's rather high liquor tax, equal $87 for 1 liter of Chartreuse VEP. This compares to 0.75 liters of regular Chartreuse for $32.00. Bear in mind that much of this is probably shipping costs, in addition to the U.S. distributor gouging out a share. It sucks living half a world away from the best alcohol--shipping and distributor fees make it all so bloody expensive... [sigh]

By Petermarc on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 08:11 am: Edit

in france you can get the small (only) bottle of elixir vegital for around $7...i have always thought that this was quite cheap for this type of product...the big bottles of the regular stuff go for around $18...

By Oxygenee on Tuesday, November 21, 2000 - 07:50 am: Edit

Can anyone tell me the approximate US $ price of Chartreuse V.E.P. and Elixir Vegetal in the US or UK? The regular Chartreuse is available online, but I can't find a price online for either V.E.P. or Elixir.

We've always imported the regular Chartreuse directly for our Hotel and Restaurant, as there has not been a distributor in South Africa for a number of years, now Chartreuse have appointed a delicatessan (!!) in Johannesburg as their sole agents here. I just received my first shipment from them, and the V.E.P. and Elixir Vegetal seemed so astonishingly cheap, that I'm sure the've either mispriced them, or are benefitting from an amazingly low launch price promotion.

If it's the former, I should tell them, if it's the latter I'm thinking of ordering a lifetimes supply all at once - either way, I'd love to know the US or UK price so that I can get a handle on exactly how good a deal this is.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation