What about Mari Mayans?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:What about Mari Mayans?
By Don_walsh on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 07:32 pm: Edit

I wouldn't draw any inferences at all from that 'preliminary' testing. It was incomplete and flawed. It was not reproducible. Its author was well intentioned, but some problems got in the way.

So it would be irresponsible to say anything about MM at this point.

By Anatomist1 on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 07:08 pm: Edit

Another important question regarding MM:

Is star anise present in sufficient quantities to cause permanent tongue damage?

K.

By _blackjack_ on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 02:58 pm: Edit

Well, I'm hoping that you guys will be giving us the test results and the debut of Jade brand as one big Christmas present.

By Tabreaux on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 01:23 pm: Edit

The inclusion of absinthium will contribute a variety of compounds. I have a system which considers these compounds and provides a reliable means of 'measurement' of absinthium content. I don't think we can draw any conclusions until all is said and done with this. Until then, is it pastis? Your guess is as good as mine.

By _blackjack_ on Saturday, November 25, 2000 - 01:11 pm: Edit

In all this discussion about what should and shouldn't be considered absinthe, I continue to wonder about Mari Mayans. The preliminary thujone testing showed MM to have no thujone, and, as I recall, there was little chance of a false negative. Is it possible for MM to be made using A. absinthium but NOT contain thujone? I'm not saying that the presence of thujone equals the presence of wormwood, but it would seem that the ABSENCE of thujone would imply the absence of wormwood. Or am I off base?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation