Not just swill, it's DELUXE swill!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Not just swill, it's DELUXE swill!
By Midas on Tuesday, November 28, 2000 - 06:37 am: Edit

Aha! Mystery solved.

By Don_walsh on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 10:17 am: Edit

Midas, Krasni Lipa was and is simply the domestic Sebor, the export Sebor is packaged and/or formulated differently.

Kyle offered me 500-bottle shipments of what he first said was export Sebor at $3.50 a (50 cl) bottle fob Prague. Later he flipped and said (a) t was the domestic (Krasni) and (b) I'd not have to buy from Sebor UK at $11 a bottle. I still have Kyle's emails and those from Sebor UK on file.

That is when I said "Screw you!" and went into business for myself. Shortly thereafter I met up with Ted.

So: cancel the Czechs! That's how they do business. No honor, no word.

Had I tasted the stuff first I wouldn't have ever contemplated importing it...ugh!

By Midas on Monday, November 27, 2000 - 05:00 am: Edit

Concerning Krasna Lipa, is it possible they've changed their name? I remember a while ago a fight between two 'Sebor' absinthes, and I'm sure Krasna Lipa was the faux-Sebor, as I remember the label (apparently a rip off of the original Sebor label), and the similarity in bottle shape. However, I may be mistaken...
Also, has anyone tried the La Bleue's these guys are selling?
-Robert.

By Grimbergen on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 11:15 pm: Edit

Kallisti,

"Shulz - reviewed in guide"
It is in the guide but I don't see any review.

"Staroplzensky - reviewed in guide "
Sorry missed the review.

"Absinthe King Gold - do I *HAVE* to add this? mebbe an addendum to Absinthe King regular"
Yeah, I don't think it needs its own entry.

"Pilner - aka Staroplzensky, reviewed in guide"
sorry, didn't know.

"Krasna lipa : isn't this Sebor? if not, it sure looks like it"
Not sure. can anyone help on this?

"THC - wtf!?!?! a bitter gin/juniper/CINNAMON???? "absinthe family" ... jah, roight!"
It is being marketed as absinthe, so it would probably help prospective buyers. Furthermore, if we accept Don and Ted's definition, this is absinthe. Who knows, might be good. There's always a chance isn't there? *radiating innocence*

Grim

By Admin on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Shulz - reviewed in guide
Staroplzensky - reviewed in guide
Absinthe King Gold - do I *HAVE* to add this? mebbe an addendum to Absinthe King regular
Pilner - aka Staroplzensky, reviewed in guide
Krasna lipa : isn't this Sebor? if not, it sure looks like it
THC - wtf!?!?! a bitter gin/juniper/CINNAMON???? "absinthe family" ... jah, roight!

By Tabreaux on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 06:58 pm: Edit

If it tastes anything like King, it is the worst 'absinth' you could ever imagine.

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 06:18 pm: Edit

I suppose that next, they will strain their concoction through one of Vincent Van Gogh's old gym socks, and then sell it for $300.00 a bottle.
What next.......Jay

By Don_walsh on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 05:08 pm: Edit

I'm strong enough!

Actually I think there have been reviews of several of those cz poisons posted. I could be wrong, but I think so.

By Grimbergen on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 05:03 pm: Edit

Come on Don! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger ;)

Seriously though, I wasn't suggesting that anyone go expend a lot of time, effort or money on this. If you have already purchased one of these and tried it, then it would be good to get a review.

Grim

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:53 pm: Edit

I am told that Schulz does not taste quite as bad as the steeped home brew an acquaintence's ex-boyfriend made. That's as close as I'm going to get.

By Don_walsh on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Not with MY sensory apparatus, thank you!

By Grimbergen on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:38 pm: Edit

From just a brief search it appears we need reviews of:
Shulz
Staroplzensky
Absinthe King Gold (the review of the regular will probably suffice)
Pilner
Krasna lipa
THC

Grim

By Grimbergen on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:21 pm: Edit

I understand a few of the members have made a point to try as many of the absinthe products out there as possible. Would they be willing to write up some more reviews? There seem to be a lot of bad czech products out there that aren't in the BG. It would be great if we could get those reviews and save people from buying swill.

Grim

By Grimbergen on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:13 pm: Edit

absinthe drops are "Chocolate-coated-alcohol pralines"

By Jkk on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:09 pm: Edit

Does anyone understand what "absinth drops filled with absinth" are? They also seemed to have hijacked the "wormwood vodka" concept, only they have a "thujone gin" called "THC [huh?]liqueur". Well, Absinthe King Gold with "100 mg. of thujon (sic)" seems to have been designed to give you the absinthe effect at all costs. Maybe it's worth a try, but $200 for something that tastes like piss is pretty rough. Ouch!

By Grimbergen on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 04:08 pm: Edit

Mmm and don't those chocolate 'absinthe drops' sound good....

Frickin bastards. What will the come up with next?

Grim

By Tabreaux on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Quite honestly, this is the most blatant profession of ignorance yet posted by a distributor. Obviously, it is the manufacturer's description, and it is absolutely silly!

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 03:18 pm: Edit

This same site sees to have both Swiss and French La Bleue availible, but how much can you trust somebody who sells gottles of green mud?

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, November 26, 2000 - 03:14 pm: Edit

It looks like those whacky Czechs are at it again. Now we have Absinth King GOLD with "100mg/kg of thujon quaranteed."

http://www.absintheworld.com/links/gold.html

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation