New Rimbaud Bio by Graham Robb

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:New Rimbaud Bio by Graham Robb
By Marc on Thursday, November 30, 2000 - 10:30 pm: Edit

Robb's style is contemporary, of course. He has dug up some new source material. I've only started the book. It's hard to read in Vegas. The air is fulled with weird static electricity. I drink and stare into the infinite night that hovers above a vast neon lake.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, November 30, 2000 - 08:24 am: Edit

as good as Starkies?....I enjoyed it..very scholarly...

By Marc on Wednesday, November 29, 2000 - 11:16 pm: Edit

Justin,

I'm reading Robb's bio of Rimbaud. It's good. Robb's writing style is edgy and in tune with Rimbaud.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, November 29, 2000 - 10:32 pm: Edit

To anyone interested there is a new Rimbaud bio out by Graham Robb. It looks promising, I am getting it for X-mas from some friends so no review as of yet. Read Starkie however...very good stuff! My review of the movie...accurate to character although not to history totally...I wish that they would have focused on Rimbaud's (pathetic, constantly getting ripped off, vagabond, coffee and failed gun-running) life. I liked it for what it was worth. Lite the torches and set me up...I can hear the torches burning in the distance...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation