Who's from DC?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:Who's from DC?
By Tropicofcancer on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 08:28 pm: Edit

I live in Richmond. Is that close enough?

By Bluedog1 on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 05:52 pm: Edit

OK, so we might have to find a more central location and all com inwards a piece. We'll try to avoid the democratic people's republic of Fairfax, but I have a friend in Arlington with a small place he might donate to the cause.

bluedog1

By Theaten on Wednesday, December 06, 2000 - 12:45 pm: Edit

I live about 20 minutes outside of DC as well.

By Brspiritus on Tuesday, December 05, 2000 - 08:43 am: Edit

I live outside of Southern Baltimore and work in Hanover Maryland... while the thought of a drive to Washington doesn't appeal to me the thought of Absinthe does make it worthwhile :-)

By Bluedog1 on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 06:49 pm: Edit

I'm way out near Leesburg, but close enough if we want to do a DC area tasting some evening.

Anyone up for that?

By Don_walsh on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 07:35 am: Edit

During the RR years I resided in Arlington and Alexandria, in that order. First on S.Arlington Ridge Road, then in a high rise just off King Street and I-395, and finally in a $1200 a month townhouse in Old Town, in Tannery Yard. So named because there had been a leather tannery there. The million dollar townhouses in the next block were constructed where the whorehouse that had serviced the tannery workers had stood. Such is progress.

The federal courthouse is three block down the same street. There went the neighborhood!

I frequented the George Washington Tavern of the Seaport Inn at the foot of King Street (on the Potomac), as it was around the corner from Interarms and my buddies there and I would congregate after working hours, joined my a motley bunch of federal agents, spooks, arms dealers, congressional aides, lobbyists, Armenian emigres, etc.

In '89 I traded all that in for the relative peace and quiet of Bangkok. Wash DC can be hard on the liver.

By Black_rabbit on Monday, December 04, 2000 - 06:48 am: Edit

I don't live there, but I have friends down that way so I get there a lot.

By Grimbergen on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 04:34 pm: Edit

I'll be in Arlington on the 13th and 14th of january for the 'Spirit of Belgium' beer conference.

Grim

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, December 03, 2000 - 04:25 pm: Edit

I've gotten the impression there are several other folks on here that live in the Washington, DC area. Show of hands? I'm in Arlington.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation