Archive through October 7, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:"LA FEE ":Archive through October 7, 2000
By Michele on Saturday, October 07, 2000 - 09:52 pm: Edit

thanks so much!

By Absinthedrinker on Saturday, October 07, 2000 - 04:33 am: Edit

Michele

It is available off and on from Vintage House or Jerry's on Old Compton Street

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, October 07, 2000 - 02:04 am: Edit

Michele,

I live just outside London but have no idea where you can buy La Fee. All I know is that you can get Mari Mayans in an off licence in Soho (I think on Gerrards St) and you can buy Sebor, (at an extortionate price of 18 for 350 ml (nice bottle design though)) in Waitrose Supermarkets. Can't really help you I'm afraid, I tend to buy via mail order.

I'd also be interested in knowing where you can buy La Fee in London, (although I'm flat broke at the moment).

Hobgoblin

By Michele on Friday, October 06, 2000 - 09:36 pm: Edit

to absinthedrinker or anyone else in the london area:
my boyfriend will be in london at the end of this month. where could he find la fee? is it widely available, or do i need to send him with specific addresses of stores? can anyone give a recommendation?
thanks,
m

By Absinthedrinker on Wednesday, September 20, 2000 - 01:43 am: Edit

Justin

It is actually very difficult to tell how popular absinthe is in the UK never mind La Fe. As I have mentioned in previous posts, it is mostly found in the more hip bars in London, most bars stock Hills or the French etsatz 'absinthes' and most bars don't serve it correctly (and charge around 9 a shot). I can say that there is far more absinthe around now than when I first started to buy it a couple of years ago. In those days you could spend half a day wandering around the off-licenses (liquor stores), whereas now their display windows are full of it - albeit mainly Czech and French brands. Oddly enough, of the Spanish brands, only Mari Mayans has caught on here.

So back to the original point...I can't tell you how La Fe is selling, I haven't seen it in any of the bars that I visit yet but I am going out for a few cocktails tonight so I will ask around. My feeling is that there are few connoisseurs around and the majority of those who do drink absinthe only ever try Hills, and they would probably send their drink back if it louched.

Absinthedrinker

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 03:11 pm: Edit

Ian,

Your are of noble blood. How popular is La Fee over there right now?

By Mudfalcon on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 02:57 pm: Edit

I just bought some La Bleue from Betina Elixirs and it is excellant. The service is very fast and the product is very, very tasty. She also threw in some French sugar which made the experience that much better.If you are looking for La Bleue, I would highly suggest going to Betina Elixirs.

By Absinthedrinker on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 02:25 am: Edit

I can offer to supply La Fe on a non-profit basis (provided I don't get overwhelmed by emails) to those who want to try it. It would cost about $65 (cheaper if you can pay in sterling) plus postage. Be advised that postage to the US from the UK is expensive and would add around $25. This is a favour to those in the group who can't get this brand any other way so please don't email me unless you are serious.

Absinthedrinker

By Bob Chong on Tuesday, September 19, 2000 - 12:11 am: Edit

Only a 100% mark-up. Not too bad, relatively speaking.

By Chrysippvs on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 11:11 pm: Edit

Michael,

Je suis sr que vous pouvez obtenir des honoraires de La d'Angleterre puisque vous tes si troit. Je suis non sr simplement qui faciles il sera pour l'entrer dans la France. Faites-nous savoir si vous en obtenez.

By Betina Elixirs on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 11:05 pm: Edit

I now offer La Fee for sale to customers within
the USA and Canada. And it is not a 400% mark-up:
$120USD including shipping...

By Bob Chong on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 10:57 pm: Edit

Oops. My last message will only get you to a place to buy the Spanish absinthe. Sorry. LaFee is only available in the UK, as far as I know. If someone in this forum lives there, maybe they can send you some with the standard 400% mark-up, of course. ;-)

BC

By Bob Chong on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 10:54 pm: Edit

www.spiritscorner.com

By michel kerling on Monday, September 18, 2000 - 10:04 am: Edit

I live in france . How do for buying a bottle
Someone help me????
the french drinker

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation