Archive through November 20, 2000

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Nov 2000:Tarragona Spanish Pernod:Archive through November 20, 2000
By Midas on Monday, November 20, 2000 - 05:26 am: Edit

Absinthe spoons in plexiglass!!?! That is tacky in a very fablique way. Can you get them with glitter too? ; )

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 11:16 pm: Edit

is the absinthe from this period easier to find in Spain?

-J

By Frenchman on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 10:59 pm: Edit

PERNOD SA from TARRAGONA (spain) worked till 1950/1960.
They made interesting advertising items like absinthe spoons in plexiglass and absinthe glasses with dispenser made in glass.

PhiL

By Tabreaux on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 08:12 am: Edit

Justin and I both have samples of post-ban Pernod Fils Tarragona absinthe. From what I can gather, Pernod Fils Tarragona was mobilized around 1918, but contrary to what that book might imply, I believe it was only around until the mid '20s.

From what I can tell regarding appearance, taste, etc., Pernod Fils Tarragona seems to be identical to the earlier product. It is 68 degree strength, and exhibits a very fine flavor, being much more similar to E. Pernod, and entirely different than the pastis products of French origin which followed thereafter.

By Timk on Sunday, November 19, 2000 - 02:00 am: Edit

From a recent post, the grosseman book first published in 1940, you can presume the pernod factory in Tarragona, spain was still operating in about 1939, when exactly did they cease production.
Also has anyone ever tried post ban absinthe from the pernod factory in spain?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation