Minature Madness

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:Minature Madness
By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, December 12, 2000 - 09:11 pm: Edit

Did you notice some of the more odd ones...like the pastis named "La bleue" (p. 30 bottom right, third from the left) or the Armand Guy Absinthe...I wonder how much has changed between it and the Anis of today...

I think Ted and Don should make some mignonettes, I made a few for la bleue for samples (I think Kallisti got one)....

- J

By Frenchman on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 10:52 am: Edit

If someone know where i can buy small absinthe bottles (mignonettes) in perfect condition for a price between FF500 to FF900, i am buyer !!!! :)

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 08:30 am: Edit

LOL....From what I understand there is a rather large collector of Mignonettes in France...several hundred....

By Petermarc on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 08:21 am: Edit

as you know, i live in paris...dream on...

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 07:43 am: Edit

I have seen that catalog once, atleast scans from it. It is just that non-French collectors are around the 20th rung down on the chain of people that need to know in France. By the time word gets to us usually it is a half filled, brown floaters, mignonette with only a degree label.

And to make matter worse half the items that reach us are re-filled and Oxygenee I am sure you know this hassle of being offered a bottle with the fear of getting some Pastis 51 where La Meme or some A. Junod should be....

By Oxygenee on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 07:22 am: Edit

After a LOT of hassle I managed to obtain the 1999 yearbook of the French minature bottle collectors association - something of an eye-opener to us non-French collectors, as we pathetically chase after the odd empty minature bottle or half-full and label-less Pernod bottles on eBay. The pricelist section of the yearbook, lists over 120 (yes folks: ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY)different absinthe minatures, made by dozens of different distillers, most of which are illustrated (all perfect bottles, at least 3/4 full). The prices, for bottles in perfect condition, are listed at between FF500 and FF900 per bottle (about $70 to $130 each).
It remains simply for one of the French forumites to reveal to the rest of us where these gigantic bargain stocks of pre-1915 absinthe minatures are, and to let us know which major creditcard to use for our immediate bulk purchases...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation