Shipping Question -- Please Help!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:Shipping Question -- Please Help!
By Artemis on Friday, December 08, 2000 - 02:00 am: Edit

Ever seen a Grolsch beer bottle? It has a wire bail (bale?) that swings a ceramic stopper with a rubber gasket up onto the mouth of the bottle to seal it shut. There are small versions of these in various colors available in stores such as Pier One Imports. I have received samples in that type of bottle, the bottle being about the size of one of those airplane liquor bottles.

By Don_walsh on Friday, December 08, 2000 - 01:28 am: Edit

Nalgene makes Teflon bottles with leakproof caps, these ought to not affect the taste at all.

HDPE likewise but Teflon is better albeit more expensive.

Glass is however -- way out in front, just seal and pack well.

By Timk on Friday, December 08, 2000 - 12:55 am: Edit

Only problem is that plastic containers will add taste to the sample - use clean new glass well packaged instead.

By Bob_chong on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 03:06 pm: Edit

Try some small plastic water bottles, plastic flasks, or empty plastic "airplane" bottles.

By Joalco on Thursday, December 07, 2000 - 02:29 pm: Edit

Hey folks ---

I have a few new brands of absinthe that I would like to send samples of to a friend who lives in another part of the country. I'd like some tips on how I should send the actual liquor. Test tubes? Tupperware? This is the first time I've sent less than a full bottle, but I'm too greedy to part with my LaBleue. Thanks in advance!!!

jon c

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation