Pernod Pastis

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Old Topics Archived Thru Sep 2000:Pernod Pastis
By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 11:42 pm: Edit

I think even the labels are the same. It is just a clear gimmick to make it more like the other pastis there. Pernod is atrifically colored so to leave that out is easier. I am sure it was only colored to begin with to make it look like absinthe. But they both taste the same...nothing different. Like that clear pepsi that came about a while ago.

J

By Luger on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 09:22 pm: Edit

So why are there two different products at all?
Different shaped labels on the bottles?

BEst reagrds: Luger

By chrysippvs on Tuesday, June 13, 2000 - 12:43 pm: Edit

Pernod Blanc and Pernod proper taste exactly the same, nasty Pastis 51 is better.

Justin

By Luger on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 11:40 pm: Edit

Ok, is the taste somewhat like "Pernod", or something entirely different??

Best regards: Luger

By tabreaux on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 03:25 pm: Edit

I believe Pernod Blacn is still being made. It does not seem to be exported however (at least not to the U.S.).

By Luger on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 10:11 am: Edit

Hi Mr Wormwood!

Fast and good answers as always :-)

In sweden there is only the green Pernodpastis, which is called "Pernod". Do you know how long they made the "Pernod Blanc"? ( If it at all is discontinued! )

By Mr. Wormwood on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 08:18 am: Edit

Several things happened.

They continued to make absinthe in Spain for several years (Terranoga Pernod)

They sold the absinthe factory to Nestle (I think)

Pernod (pastis) was sold again after the ban in 1920's, but I think it is being made by differant people.

Pernod blanc is clear pastis, Pernod is a greenish-yellow pastis. I not sure but I think Pernod blanc was introduced much later than regular Pernod pastis.

By Luger on Monday, June 12, 2000 - 01:34 am: Edit

Hi friends!

Itīs been a while since I wrote here, but here we go again:

I wonder about what happened to Pernod *after* the ban? Did they start with their Pastis right away, or was it not until the 20ths that they were allowed to do so?

Is this the same as "Pernod blanc"?

Do any of the historybuffs here know the answer?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation