New Orleans Gathering

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:New Orleans Gathering
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through December 11, 2000  3   12/11 08:54pm

By Admin on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 07:33 am: Edit

Here's the url for the Biscuit Palace:

http://www.biscuit-palace.com/

By Tabreaux on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 03:35 pm: Edit

You're about to get an email with some suggestions.

By Marcellin on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Hey Ted, or anyone else, where would be a fun, inexpensive, cool, place to stay in N. O.

Thanks

Marcellin

By Pikkle on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 08:52 am: Edit

N.O. from Detroit is 229.00 Non stop RT on
Northwest...

By Bluedog1 on Saturday, December 16, 2000 - 07:49 am: Edit

AirTran from the DC area is $99 each way departing on 1 March and returning on 5 March.

By Ekmass on Friday, December 15, 2000 - 08:21 am: Edit

this sounds interesting, should we e-mail the RSVP to you or just post it here?
EM

By Pikkle on Thursday, December 14, 2000 - 11:32 am: Edit

I've never been to N.O. ... this would be a fine
occassion to do so... *sip*

By Melinelly on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 05:51 pm: Edit

well, it's official. me and my other half will be in NO from 3/1 to 3/5. just got my bid accepted on priceline for 200 bucks a ticket (total for both tickets with taxes and such came to $470.40, round trip only one stopover each way), and now am just waiting to hear back from the gentleman I spoke with last night about staying at his B&B. woohoo!

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 02:41 pm: Edit

March 3 is the Saturday following Mardi Gras (Tues). That Saturday should be very quiet by New Orleans standards. I just checked several different fares, and they are not any higher than any other weeks for that month, nor are they higher than normal. I suggest using www.expedia.com, and flying on either Thursday or Friday and Monday or Tuesday for best fares. To everyone who has submitted an email confirmation, you will receive a confirmation message very soon.

By Admin on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 01:53 pm: Edit

It's not Mardi Gras ... Mardi Gras is Feb. 27th, and the celebrations are the week *before* that. It is, however, New Orleans peak season because the weather is so infernal during the summer.

So never fear! Most of the evil swarms of insane drunk guys will be gone.

I know, I'm traveling 3 weeks before mardi gras & two weeks after, and I get the same thing on Amtrak.

By Domingo on Wednesday, December 13, 2000 - 01:18 pm: Edit

I went online to check airline rates for this weekend. Kind of steep due to Mardi Gras. Is this the intention to have this meeting during Mardi Gras? I really want to go but don't want to get beat up on air fare for Mardi Gras. Is this the concrete date?
Thanks for the invite and info Ted.

Domingo

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation