It's my birthday

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:It's my birthday
By Midas on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 06:29 pm: Edit

Seems like I have the other end of the stick. It's so hot here you can hardly move. I'm not a summer person in the first place, so this is driving me insane. Anyone want to swap?
-Robert

By Anatomist1 on Monday, December 25, 2000 - 03:17 am: Edit

Yeah, this winter is starting to look pretty bad. We've already had about twice as much bitter cold and snow as the whole winter last year. The worst part is, aside from the last 2-3 mild years, things don't really start to get bad until January-February, and often through March. I can remember month-long stretches where it never went above 0 degrees F, and it was windy as hell most of the time. Why do I live here, again?

K.

By Marcellin on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 03:59 pm: Edit

Anatomist1,

This winter must be kicking your 'Sconsin ass as much as it's kicking mine.

- be warm my Midwestern friend,

p.

By Anatomist1 on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 03:55 am: Edit

I don't know about the other side of the lake, but here in Wisconsin, you better have screens on those open windows. The mosquitos are so bad here that I have walked out the front door, tied my shoe on the porch, and been bitten five times in that span. If there's no wind or it's anywhere near dark, keeping the mosquitos off is a full-time occupation. I may actually spend more time inside during the summer than the winter. I know it gets worse further north in Canada and Alaska, as does the winter, which makes me wonder how people can live there.

K.

By Marcellin on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 01:13 am: Edit

I agree, the autumn was quite spectacular, especially in the northern regions. In fact, the past summer was pleasant also, but this winter has been a BITCH. Hope that statement isn't too politically incorrect.

By Artemis on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 07:35 am: Edit

I just spent seven months in Michigan, but I was Grinchy long before that. Michigan is actually a very cool place to live (I've lived there once before as well), especially if you live on Lake Michigan. It's a bitch in the winter, but the summer makes up for it - no air conditioning needed. Late into June, you can sleep with your windows open and enjoy the 50F degree night air. And the autumn this year was spectacular.

By Don_walsh on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 06:13 am: Edit

Lord H, if you had to live in Michigan you'd be a Grinch too.

By Lordhobgoblin on Thursday, December 21, 2000 - 05:11 am: Edit

OK then,

The Grinch lives in Michigan. He is alive and well and provides the steel to make cars ;-)

Hobgoblin

By Pikkle on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 08:26 pm: Edit

I don't make the cars... I give them the steel...
they need to figure out what to do with it...

By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 07:05 pm: Edit

The Grinch lives in Michigan. He is alive and well and makes cars ;-)

Hobgoblin

By Pikkle on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 03:24 pm: Edit

I'm so crotchety because i work so much! If I
had time to relax, I'd be less stressed and
more easy going which would make me feel
soft which makes me crotchety... I can't win...
but to be honest, I like being crotchety... filters
out the real life spam.

By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, December 20, 2000 - 09:29 am: Edit

Pikkle,

If you're feeling crotchety then GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASS AND DO SOME HARD WORK, only lazy bums have the time to get crotchety!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hobgoblin

By Germanandy on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 06:07 pm: Edit

spread your wings, prince voltan :-)

By _blackjack_ on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 05:12 pm: Edit

I'm a good bit heftier than Mr. Deville. I look more like a cross between Al Jourgenson and Prince Voltan of the Hawk-People.

By Germanandy on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 04:05 pm: Edit

hey, on the picture you look like mink de ville!!!

By _blackjack_ on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 07:36 am: Edit

Well, it's been snowing pretty bad most of the day, so I'm probably going to be stuck at home with my girlfriend. There are worse fates ;) I did run out of Deva last night and my next shipment won't be in 'till next week.

By Pikkle on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 07:21 am: Edit

Happy birthday... I'm only 31 and i'm very
crotchety all ready...

By Perruche_verte on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 06:13 am: Edit

Happy birthday!

With what and whom are you celebrating?

By _blackjack_ on Tuesday, December 19, 2000 - 05:55 am: Edit

I'm almost old enough to be as crotchety as I am.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation