Preview of Jade Liqueurs preproduction product

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Dec 2000:Preview of Jade Liqueurs preproduction product
By Thegreenimp on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:56 pm: Edit

Daedelus,
Yes the smokey background was what you described as Cedary notes. Incredible wasn't it, reminded me of a full on Summer day in a glass.
The number two sample was the very description of Bottled Spring, exquisite! Both really leave you wanting more (Gee Ted what did put in it?)
Of course time will really drag slow now, waiting for the release date.......Thanks Ted.
Regards
Jay

By Daedelus on Wednesday, December 27, 2000 - 12:19 pm: Edit

I had forgotten about the "bottled-springtime" description of absinthe.

When I tasted Ted's brew (thanx Eric) I was kinda thinking of "bottled-Southern-California-Christmas"

This was due to the "grassy" herbal flavors I spoke of in my longwinded post of a while ago, coupled with the very evident "cedary" notes (is this what you mean by smoky?)

I agree wholeheartedly, "it was pure pleasure"
and BY GOD it must be ABSINTHE!

daedelus

By Pikkle on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 04:02 pm: Edit

Naw, that's all right, I didn't want any, thanks
for asking though...

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 01:38 pm: Edit

The Louche was a beautiful sight, like a snow storm in a glass, none of the oil and water look that you see in some of the Spanish brands, If I had used sugar the drip would have been a sight to behold. These products not only taste good, they appeal to the eye and the nose.
One of the older terms for describing Absinthe as "Bottled Fun", is quite descriptive.
Regards
Jay

By Pikkle on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Nothing like a fast acting louche!

By Marc on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 12:11 pm: Edit

greenimp,

thankyou for that tantalizing review.

When do I get some?

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, December 24, 2000 - 11:48 am: Edit

I had the honor of meeting Ted Breaux today, and he brought a nice holiday treat, two samples of his magnificent creation.
To start off, there is utterly no comparison to any of the modern products that have previously been available. (though I have not yet sampled La Fee). The first sample #1 had a light and very fragrant aroma with a smokey background as the cap wasremoved.Beautiful fast acting louche as soon as the water touched it. Nothing at all like the oil and water effect type louche seen from some of the more popular modern brands. Visually it was a treat in its own right.
The scent was incredible, very aromatic, blooming to a wonderful mixture of herbal aroma.
Then the taste......Wow! you have a incredible treat awaitning you, a balanced flavor mixture of herbal flavors with a smokey undercurrent, all very light, and to the point. This by God is Absinthe! You know it as soon as you taste it.
I would call this one,Bottled Summerfun For Want of a better term.
Sample number two was next,very light and flowery, with herbal tones in a subtle array, it was the very description of Bottled Springtime.
Another increbible taste experience, and keep in mind this is not even the finished product....Amazing,I am totally impressed.
A treat for the eye and all the senses, you have something wonderfull in store (I want more now!)
Thanks Ted it was a true pleasure.
I am in awe.
Regards
Jay

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation