How did you discover absinthe?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:How did you discover absinthe?
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through December 30, 2000  22   01/06 01:29am

By Head_prosthesis on Sunday, January 07, 2001 - 02:09 pm: Edit

Back in the old days when BBS was hot and computers typed at speeds of up to 7wpm...

My friends father (a Scottsman) had given him an old miniature bottle he had from one of his airline trips. It said "Absinthe" on the label, was full and the seal intact. The color was NOT the brilliant green I'm accustomed to now.

He never drank it though. Sentimental reasons, fear of insanity or something.

By Petermarc on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 11:55 pm: Edit

it's a fountain, that would regulate the flow of water to a more steady, slower stream...supposed not to overly disturb the mixture of herbs and health benefits of the absinthe...looking forward to your decription of it...

By Grimbergen on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 05:22 pm: Edit

I'll be meeting Jackson in a couple days. I'll ask about his views on absinthe.

By String on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 03:26 pm: Edit

I really enjoy Michael Jackson's books. My favorite is his Great Beers of Belgium book.
Sorry my friend did not mention the authors name, he just said a beer author from England.
My friend wants to have me over to use what he says is an old drip machine he bought in New Orleans. This sounds good to me, but does anyone know if a drip machine has any practicle purpose other than adding a neat wrinkle to the ritual?

By Artemis on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 01:40 am: Edit

"This bottle was a gift from a famous english beer writer who always visits when he is in the area."

Michael Jackson? I met him at the Chicago Real Ale Festival a couple of years back. He had a fifth of Hill's in his back pocket, badly damaging his credibility.

Just kidding. He was there, but without the swill. Sorry about three tries to get this posted. The forum is chingered up this morning.

By Artemis on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 01:29 am: Edit

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation