Www.absinth.com?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:Www.absinth.com?
By Martin on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 10:59 am: Edit

Maybe I could just buy a Hershey's bar and leave it sitting in Mari Mayans overnight?

-Martin

By Pikkle on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 10:16 am: Edit

Staroplzensky is horrid... you will destroy your
chocolatey experience if you purchase and eat
those.

By Don_walsh on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 06:35 am: Edit

Martin, do you really think the Czech Republic is a nation of laws? Kind of naive.

Ask Kyle how much protection the laws gave him from being copied.

By Moonstar on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 06:34 am: Edit

I purchased a bottle of Sebor from them a month and a half ago. They were polite, professional and prompt with delivery. The Postman at the Post Office fondled the package for a minute or so probably wondering why I was getting a bottle from the Czech Republic but other than that there were no problems at all. And it was almost $20 cheaper than purchasing from the Sebor site (no offense).

Agreed on the 100mg/kg King of Dreck absinthe. Yuk. Looks like compost settled in the bottom of the bottle.

As a side note, I have also purchased a bottle of Deva and Mari Mayan from SpiritsCorner and a bottle of La Bleue from BEI and I thought that both parties were also polite, professional and prompt.

My two cents:

*Sebor - very mildly hallucinogenic but tasty enough
*Deva/Mari Mayan - a little more of a 'trippy' effect/feeling after an equivalent number of shots on a different evening - the Mari Mayan 70 is definitely a strong liquor
*La Bleue - very pronounced 'trippy' feeling that lasted quite some time and I didn't even have to drink that much - one shot as a matter of fact.

I did notice with all of the above that the more absinthe you drink the less drunk you feel. Odd.

-John

By Martin on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 04:24 am: Edit

I meant that I didn't think it was legal to manufacture absinthe with that much in it in the Czech republic (regardless of where it is to be sold). Unlike La Bleue, Absinth King isn't bootlegged (correct me if I'm wrong), so if they are a "legitimate" distiller (I use the term distiller VERY loosely) I would assume they would follow the laws in their country. So either the makers of Absinth King are breaking the law, or I am misinformed of the laws in their country.

Anyway, that crap is too expensive. Do they expect anyone to actually pay $200 for that shit? Whatever, I'm sure someone will buy it simply because its expensive and has more thujone and therefore is "better".

Those chocolates filled with Staroplzensky look kind of tempting though....

-Martin

By Don_walsh on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 03:11 am: Edit

Martin,

What do the 'legal ramifications' have to do with anything? Obviously, Absinthe King Anything is going to be as you say, ynpotable. But, if absinth.com is selling La Bleue, which is bootleg, and totally outside normal commercial channels even in Europe, then why can't they also sell a variety of this cz hog wallow with 100 mg thujone in a bottle? They (King) could easily achieve that level from oils, not from distillation over herbs. You don't really think their LB has anyone's tax stamp on it do you? So the legal niceties in EU don't always matter to some people. Not a big surprise.

This is not a flame!
La Bleue is (often) good but it is always bootleg.
Absinthe King is always dreck.

By Don_walsh on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 03:11 am: Edit

Sorry, duplicated post

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 02:16 am: Edit

Actually, the review was for Absinthe King. The King Gold hasn't been reviewed yet (check the price).

By Midas on Tuesday, January 02, 2001 - 06:58 pm: Edit

There was a very amusing review and thread concerning Absinth King Gold a while ago.

By Tabreaux on Monday, January 01, 2001 - 01:21 pm: Edit

Remember, just because it is "La Bleue" doesn't guarantee that it is a quality product. Regardless, this distributor is very legit and professional as far as business puposes go. I have ordered samples of Czech products from them, and they are very prompt and professional. As far as the quality of the products, more of that burden lies with the manufacturer. It does seem however that the manufacturer of King Gold is preoccupied with the thujone fiasco, which as you already know, is overrated.

By Martin on Monday, January 01, 2001 - 11:32 am: Edit

http://www.absinth.com

When did this place appear? Does anyone know anything about this site? They appear to have a decent price on Swiss and French La Bleue, but...

They are selling something called "Absinth King Gold", which they claim to be the sole distributors of. It looks like the usual crappy unpotable Absinth King, but it claims to have 100mg/kg of Thujone. This is a highly dubious claim indeed considering the legal ramifications of such a product. It also has a VERY hefty pricetag. It looks like they're trying to cash in bigtime on the whole bullshit Thujone racket. Anyone know anything about this? Are these jokers legit?

Its insulting to see this shit displayed on the same page as La Bleue.

-Martin

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation