Specimens for sale.

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:Specimens for sale.
By Bob_chong on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 05:24 pm: Edit

Anatomist:

Would it be ok if I resell your works for $175 apiece? Y'know, for those worried about shipping and such...

Happy New Year.

Bob

By Martin on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 09:49 am: Edit

We don't have anything on MP3.com ... I don't trust that. We will have a site up soon, which will have samples of songs posted on it. I don't think it would be a problem to put the lyrics up there either.

I could mail you a demo CD... its free and you'll get to hear the music in its full hi-fi glory.

-Martin

By Anatomist1 on Friday, January 05, 2001 - 02:38 am: Edit

Martin,

I would have to hear it and see the lyrics before I would agree to put my work on the cover. Have you put songs on MP3.com?

K.

By Martin on Thursday, January 04, 2001 - 10:14 am: Edit

Very nice. I must say I have newfound respect for you now that I've seen your work. Its right up my alley.

I think the imagery would go very well with alot of my music. Would you be interested in hearing any of it?

-Martin

By Anatomist1 on Thursday, January 04, 2001 - 09:26 am: Edit

Album cover. Hmmm... I'd need to know the specifics to decide. I have a friend who is going into copyright law. I would have to get some advice from him...

I actually have some images you haven't seen that would make great album covers, as they are a bit too plain to be good photos of their own merit and there is adequate space to accomodate text.

Like this one:

albumcover

K.

By Martin on Thursday, January 04, 2001 - 06:33 am: Edit

"Also, keep in mind that these are low-res mock-ups, and the image you see is only a crude estimation of the actual poster."

Kind of like how an MP3 is a crude estimation of a real recorded song.

How much would you charge to use a photograph of one of your sculptures for say, an album cover?

-Martin

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 01:42 pm: Edit

Yeah, I think I like the ones with the small font better too, but some of the popular examples I perused looked more like the ones with the big font. The bicycle creature is about 30" long and the twins are about 20" tall. Sometimes I daydream about having the means to make a version of #358 in the size they used to call "colossal", which is about 125% life size, which would make the back wheel about 3 feet in diameter. I couldn't do it without money up front and an installation site though...

Also, keep in mind that these are low-res mock-ups, and the image you see is only a crude estimation of the actual poster.

K.

By Daedelus on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 12:32 pm: Edit

Kevin,

please use the ones with the smaller fonts.

which is more important, the art or the artists name?

smaller font = nicer layout

nice sculpture btw. what are the sizes?

daedelus

By Martin on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 11:03 am: Edit

Impressive. Your work is very freakish in a good kind of way. Bravo!

-Martin

By Anatomist1 on Wednesday, January 03, 2001 - 10:41 am: Edit

Thanks to new forum member Cheese, I am hatching a plan to produce and sell posters of two sculptures which seem to generate the most interest. My current idea is to have 16x20 posters printed on a Durst Lambda digital printer. They are printed via laser exposure onto standard photographic paper, and are supposed to be the highest quality digital prints available... we'll see. I think I will be able to sell them for $35 plus shipping, rolled up. I can also have them mounted on foamcore or a styrene backing (the finished product is similar in consistency to a hardshell mousepad, and seems suitable for hanging w/o frame or framing without glass). I am looking into how much more the backing and shipping flat will add.

If anyone is interested, you can take a look at web mock-ups of the initial designs at the addresses below. Each poster has two different designs: the image and fonts are different proportions. I haven't seen a lot of this type of poster, so I am still experimenting with these elements. I am interested in feedback on relative font size and layout style.

Please email or respond if you might be interested in one. I would like to get an idea of the possible demand, to decide on an initial scale for the project. If the size doesn't seem good, please comment on that too. I have chosen this size because of the cost and likely image quality. Upping the size to, say, 20x30 would double the cost and make the image softer.

http://members.home.net/anatomica/poster.htm
http://members.home.net/anatomica/poster2.htm

I have been hoping for a way to make some of my work available to people who don't want to spend hundreds of dollars, and I'm hoping this may be the ticket.
Thanks.
K.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation