La Fee availability in France?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:La Fee availability in France?
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through January 4, 2001  23   01/05 11:57pm
Archive through January 13, 2001  95   01/13 07:42am

By Black_rabbit on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:44 am: Edit

I try to collect Edgar Cayce era mystical froofraw whenever possible (I don't generally subscribe to the principles, but I love the window it gives on the era. That, and they make me laugh.) One of my favorite things about them is that the fellow who wrote the book (whichever one it is) is always the grand poobah of such and such, and there is often a long list of secret, magical societies that endorse him. I recently got one written by an 'ascended master' but now I can't find it. Perhaps Madame Blavatsky reached through the aether and took it for something to read on the john...

By Fluid on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:29 am: Edit

"If you come to NOLA in march..."

Chrysippvs, I wish! ! ! !

It could happen, but chances now are near zero. And I'd love to look at the Voynich MS... or how about a ~100 page sample (assuming it is really big)?

Here's an interesting book for conspiracy buffs:
The Way to Life and Immortality
... a picture is worth a thousand words. There's not much in there really, I bought it just so I could show friends of mine that the Illuminatae are.

Fluid

By Artemis on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:05 am: Edit

"So... I had to let it go."

Me too. So many mysteries and life so short.

By Fluid on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 06:00 am: Edit

"Are you into the Rennes les Chateau legends? Holy Blood, Holy Grail and all that?"

Artemis, I've spent many hours in web sites re: Rennes, the priest, the fortune, etc. and I'm intrigued, but I let it go. If I had access (if I lived nearby) it's probably all I would do, aside from eating and breathing once in a while. So... I had to let it go.

By Artemis on Monday, January 15, 2001 - 01:34 am: Edit

Yes, I know. It's a real shame when people bring out such fascinating facts, and then leap over the Grand Canyon to conclusions. Jesus had long hair. The Merovingian Kings had long hair. They MUST be descended from Jesus!! I found myself hollering "Bullshit!" out loud numerous times while reading "Holy Blood Holy Grail".

I'd still like to know what was up with that priest spending tons of money he shouldn't have had and furnishing his church with a statue of Asmodeus, etc.

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 01:02 pm: Edit

OK, to be fair, most of my debunking was of their attempts to connect it to Jesus on one end and the Masons on the other. The first book consisted primarily of a) fairly well established facts and b) unfounded leaps of conjecture holding them together. There was nothing new there.

The were also being lead around by the nose by pranksters with the modern Priory stuff. I think they have since admitted such.

By Artemis on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 12:43 pm: Edit

"Heh. Spent about a month debunking that my freshman year. It wasn't hard."

What about the "Tomb of God" stuff? Secrets hidden in the paintings of Poussin, et. al. ?? Did you look into that?

What about the priest at Rennes? Did he or did he not come into great wealth?

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 12:39 pm: Edit

>> Are you into the Rennes les Chateau legends? Holy Blood, Holy Grail and all that? >>

Heh. Spent about a month debunking that my freshman year. It wasn't hard.

What's entertaining is how Baigent and Leigh ended up being mouthpieces for Robert Eisenmann in their later books. Eisenmann is a complete joke in the field of Qumran scholarship. He doesn't even read Hebrew...

By Artemis on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 12:25 pm: Edit

"Anyone else know that Newton gave us the first accurate measurement of the Earth by examining the dimensions of the Great Pyramid?"

Newton was, I believe, one of the Grand Masters of the Priory of Sion, which created the Knights Templar and are the keepers/originators/thieves of much sacred knowledge.

"Artemis, you and I could go on for hours, I'm sure."

Are you into the Rennes les Chateau legends? Holy Blood, Holy Grail and all that?

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 10:25 am: Edit

If you come to NOLA in march I will bring some...Also bring the Voynich MS if you are interested...The Voynich MS is the worlds biggest occult manuscript mystery in the world....not even the NSA Crays can touch it....it is the thorn in the side of every cryptographer from MIT to me...

By Fluid on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 10:19 am: Edit

Chrysippvs: I'd love to look at some of your translations, esp. the one with undecipherable imagery ("...lions swallowing suns inside the silver vessel held by the hermaphrodite..."). I can easily send you $ for kinko service, if you don't mind sharing.

Perhaps this forum has become an old bistro... all the hushed whispers of 18th c politics-mysticism heh heh heh

Anyone else know that Newton gave us the first accurate measurement of the Earth by examining the dimensions of the Great Pyramid? Artemis, you and I could go on for hours, I'm sure.

Fluid

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 07:24 am: Edit

Ix-nay on the Illuminati-way! They're more dangerous than the Ientolgists-scay.

Franklin's association with Dashwood is fairly well documented. I doubt they were up to anything more sinister than drinking and whoring, tho. Maybe farting a lot...

Hail Eris...

By Artemis on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 07:03 am: Edit

And George Washington was murdered by the Illuminati. His place was taken by Adam Weishaupt, who served the remainder of George's term as president. Few people realize that's Adam on the dollar bill.

By _blackjack_ on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 03:29 am: Edit

Franklin was also probably a member of Dashwood's Hellfire Club.

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 01:21 pm: Edit

Actually most necromantic spells for raising the dead are for finding buried treasure. The rest are for learning more arcane rites.

That guy who found that hoard was given the exact value of the items found 1.25 million pounds...a pretty penny.

If you want treasure go to the battle fields of the roman days, silver coins and such are pretty easy to find with a good metal detector. Or get that map from your Dad's attic...They always lead to rich stuff...

By Don_walsh on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 12:27 pm: Edit

The HPL story was the short novel "The Case of Charles Dexter Ward" which many consider his finest work. The Ben Franklin incident was just a minor aside; the inference was that Franklin had some arcane knowledge that could be tortured out of his reanimated shade. Well, Franklin is thought to have been a Rosicrucian leader.

By Artemis on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 12:20 pm: Edit

"If people are going to go to the trouble of translating old grimoires and the like, then they might as well put this effort to good use and make some money from it."

To hell with pronunciation, I want to know where they buried the gold. I recall seeing on TV the story of a guy in England who located quite a stash buried on his property - a departing Roman family had buried it nearly 2000 years ago - gold, silver, tableware, everything. The government took it all, but apparently the man received some monetary compensation.

There was an H.P. Lovecraft story wherein a sorcerer was reconstituting the likes of Ben Franklin from their grave dust, so he could interrogate them. To what end, I'm not sure. Help with his homework on The Federalist Papers, no doubt.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation