One-fifteen-oh-one

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:One-fifteen-oh-one
By Anatomist1 on Sunday, January 07, 2001 - 10:28 am: Edit

Dirtywett,

I agree on foregoing the La Bleu, since I've done the same. At my income level, it seems doubtful that it would seem worth it, considering little of the huge price reflects the cost of the contents of the bottle. However, I don't see what you would have to lose by ordering a couple bottles of Deva from SC in the meantime. At around $30/bottle (USD) it seems like a whole different ballpark.

BTW, that's a very cool illustration on your profile page. The pre-website looks good too, only I suggest you build it for 800x600 res monitors and/or center it. I realize most people don't run their monitors at 1152x854 like me, but it looks kinda puny sitting there in the corner of my huge browser window. I originally built mine for 1024x768 monitors and some people complained, although most people who are serious about computer imagery have at least that. I think targeting 640x480 monitors is too much of a concession to the lowest common denominator. I compromised with 800x600 built around a central axis, and it seems to look good on PCs and Macs at any resolution above 640x480.

K.

By Don_walsh on Sunday, January 07, 2001 - 09:34 am: Edit

Dear Darcy

Thanks, and you won't regret your decisions.

By Dirtywett on Sunday, January 07, 2001 - 09:18 am: Edit

Ted and Don...

I am anxiously awaiting a similar celebration on the 10th of May. I've checked these boards daily for months, but only recently registered.

I originally sought out this forum to ensure my quest for a good absinthe resulted in the best product I could possibly get my hands on. As this will be my first dance, I want to start with the best. Which I trust will be yours. I have curbed my urges to order Deva or La Bleue and have opted to wait for word on your product. Some have said that this choice of mine is a silly one, and that I should play the feild first... but considering the extreme praise for your absinthe that has been posted here by those lucky enough to have already sampled it, I'm afraid my experience with any lesser product would be plagued with thoughts of the better absinthe. So I shall exercise patience. Damn my elitist taste.

Love n' Lye;
Darcy J. Watt

By Fluid on Sunday, January 07, 2001 - 07:21 am: Edit

Thanks, I just did!

Belle Epoch Liqueurs

fluid

By Tabreaux on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 02:00 am: Edit

We cannot promise that it will be available in time for your birthday. We can promise however that if you go to the website (www.bestabsinthe.com) and enter your email address, we will advise you as soon as it becomes available.

By Fluid on Saturday, January 06, 2001 - 12:09 am: Edit

Don_walsh,

if *it* becomes available 1/15, what are my chances of tasting the devil's ambrosia on my birthday 1/23?

So far on their way are a La Bleue, 2 Devas and a Mayans 70... would love to include yours in the party...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation