Fresh batch of updates

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:Fresh batch of updates
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through January 13, 2001  84   01/13 06:21am

By Artemis on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 01:57 am: Edit

And most importantly:

You might just love her anyway.

(He repeated)

By Artemis on Sunday, January 14, 2001 - 01:55 am: Edit

"NOLA? The hygiene is not so bad, of course the drinking water is slowly killing the residents"

Killed my father.

"The drainage system works."

Except when it rains so hard there's nowhere for the water to go, because the city is as I said, below sea level.

"The city is reasonably clean. I'd like to know what the offensive thing are."

See the posts by Kallisti on this subject. Mike Ditka, when he arrived to coach the Saints, also pointed out these things, and the populace got their panties in a bunch, all kneejerk, because he was only pointing out the truth. I thought the whole thing was comical. "She may be a filthy whore but she's our whore - how dare you criticize?"

"I'm not a kneejerk defender of Nawlins, but her warts and chancres are not matters of hygiene."

So I failed to choose the best possible word for what I was trying to say. So join the BATF and shoot me. Let's just say the whore, rather than having bad hygiene, is not as careful with her appearance as she might be and sweats like an ice cold RC Cola on the 4th of July. Is that better?

By Don_walsh on Saturday, January 13, 2001 - 10:03 pm: Edit

NOLA? The hygiene is not so bad, of course the drinking water is slowly killing the residents and may well kill me because I lived there for 31 years. But bottled water is available.

The drainage system works. The city is reasonably clean. I'd like to know what the offensive thing are.

I'm not a kneejerk defender of Nawlins, but her warts and chancres are not matters of hygiene. I left there 19 years ago and really rarely look back...but pray tell me what you mean?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation