Alaskan Wormwood

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Feb 2001:Alaskan Wormwood
By Bob_Chong on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:40 pm: Edit

When I lived in N.O., no one ever thought of giving Rohypnol to someone else.

Unless, of course, they asked for one.

BC

By _Blackjack on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:39 pm: Edit

Hey, you're looking for a rational reaction to a drug from the US public/media/government? The thing is, everything I've read about GHB from people whove actually taken it is positive: it mellows you out and makes you feel all warm and happy. God FORBID!

And I'm sure purple passion punch has been used to facilitate many a date rape. Wine coolers too...

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:31 pm: Edit

By that standard, then, purple passion (grape juice and everclear) would be a 'date rape' drink. You can't gauge the strength of the stuff readily.

The point of Rohypnol was/is, the blanking of short term labile memory on top of the hypnotic effect. The subject not only is sedated, but has no meory of events, the next day and thereafter. That is a more abuse-prone situation than merely getting a girl drunk.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 08:24 pm: Edit

I think the use of GHB as a "date rape" drug stems from using it to spike somebody's drink and make them end up twice as drunk as they were expecting to be. Not quite the same a rohypnol, to be sure, but a dirty trick.

And as for the dangers of nitrous oxide, really, the only real danger--unlike many other inhalents--comes if you inhale it to the exclusion of oxygen. As long as you aren't an idiot about administration--don't inhale it directly from the cannister, don't strap on a mask, don't do it standing up (you'll fall dwon)--it's pretty safe. I haven't been able to come up with any mortality statisitcs on it, but I assume they are very low.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 07:59 pm: Edit

MDMA is methylenedioxymethamphetamine. It is an alanlog of methylenedioxyamphetamine (MDA) and is related both to 'speed' and to various hallucinogens including mescaline, 'STP', etc. Indeed MDMA is 'ecstasy' the rave drug. Most of the real thing comes from Holland. Most of what is out there, as Ted has pointed out, is bogus.

Rohypnol is an analog of the diazapam series of hypnotics, and yes is the notorious date rape drug. Now Schedule 1.

GHB I really cannot imagine having the same capability, it makes no sense phamacologically, but its legal status is probably a testament to the absurd influence of NOW in the Clinton administration. Now or about to be Schedule 1.

By Tabreaux on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 01:06 pm: Edit

GHB has nothing to do with MDMA. It is an example of a useful substance that has been sorely misused, and hence its new legal status and reputation as a 'date rape drug'.

MDMA is a compound first made by Merck in 1914. Most of what is found on the street contains little to none (according a published article which contained numerous randome analyses), instead consisting of adulterations of various analogs and adjuncts.

Rohypnol is flunitrazepam (sic?), which I believe is actually found naturally in chamomile. This substance is a very powerful hypnotic, and also carries the woeful reputation as a 'date rape drug'.

This information was posted for solely purposes of clarity.

By Hersaint on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 11:57 am: Edit

Martin

MDMA is the main ingredient in XTC and GHB is classed as Liquid XTC but I believe it has none of the same chemicals in it but don't quote me on it.

The date rape drug is Rohypnoladn

Although there have been some cases where GHB has been used as a substitute.

Funny enough they use GHB to cure Alcohlism.

By Martin on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 10:44 am: Edit

I believe GHB is one of the ingredients in Exstacy. I also believe that on it's own, it's the substance commonly referred to as "The Date Rape Drug". 1,000,000 frat boys can't be wrong.

Hey, strange long term effects have been noticed form the wormwood smoking.... oddly enough my friend feels much more healthy since smoking the wormwood. It's like it cleanses the body or something. Funny that.

-Martin

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:39 am: Edit

Sprite macushla, nitrous oxide is N2O not NO2. NO2 (nitrogen dioxide) will kill you like QUICK and pretty damn sure. Nitrous will only kill you if you are unlucky. I have poisoned myself with a little NO2 and N2O4 from time to time accidentally and had to wait around for 4-5 days to see if I was going to get pulmonary edema as a result. So far so good but I wouldn't recommend it unless you like coughing up a lot opf lung.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 09:32 am: Edit

GHB: gamma-hydroxybutyric acid, usually in form of sodium (Na) or potassium (K) salt. A precursor to GABA, gamma-aminobutyric acid, an inhibitor of neural synapse activity in the brain.

NOTE: this is exactly the OPPOSITE of what thujone supposedly does. This stuff ups GABA; thujone antagonizes GABA, briefly and reversibly.

Therefore if you like absinthe you probably won't like GHB.

The stuff is or is about to be a Schedule 1 controlled substance a la DEA.

Be afraid, be very afraid.

By Hersaint on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 07:14 am: Edit

Yeah I must agree with Don

you know if you've had a bad experience at the dentist if you wake up and your arse is sore and your pants are on back to front or inside out.

Joking aside having worked in a hospital i have seen people with lung problems developed from N20
So don't go there it could be YOU!

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 08, 2001 - 04:31 am: Edit

Guys and galls, playing with nitrous oxide N2O is not as benign as you might think.

You can die. Really. People do, in dentist's chairs, etc.

It isn't worth it as highs go.

Leave it for the whipped cream.

By Hersaint on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 11:49 am: Edit

gamma-hydroxybutyrate

got to be carefull or everyone will jump on me saying this is not a drugs forum but for absinthe,

have a look at www.ghb.org

not promoting it though as I havnt made my mind up if its safe yet

By Fluid on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 11:41 am: Edit

I feel out of the loop as well. I've never heard of GHB.

By Hersaint on Wednesday, February 07, 2001 - 11:32 am: Edit

Thanks for the info Fluid, Sprite and Martin

Think I will skip that for the time being. Iím happy enough already

Showís your age when you canít keep up with drug culture

Amazing what info is on the net even came across a site selling GHB although I donít think it is illegal over here YET. Anyone tried it, at one time it was hailed as a super drug by doctors and scientists now nothing but bad press,

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 01:11 pm: Edit

JINXS!!!

By Sprite on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 01:06 pm: Edit

Hersaint, cream chargers are filled with NO2 =nitrous oxide= laughing gas... brass crackers are the things you punch the no2 under pressure canister with safely so you dont hurt yourself...
the punch ballons receive the extremely cold no2 first, so people don't right off freeze their lungs...
Its all very legal but pretty wasteful...the feeling goes away quickly, plus you wind up inhaling that nasty powder inside the cheaper ballons, that can't be good... If you have never tried NO2 at your dentists office go grab a can of pressurized whipped cream like redi-whip, keeping the can upright and not shaken carefully release JUST the air.... Now I'm certainly not going to advise you to put your mouth on the top of a pressurized can and deeply inhale, then hold your breath, because that would be dangerous if the can had a default and blew your head off your shoulders, but you get the idea....odd thing is our redi-whip cans here always seem to run out of pressurized air before we even get to the cream contents, hehehe.

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 01:00 pm: Edit

Martin, as for safety I did read somewhere that it is poisonous until dried.   I think it was something like "let air-dry for two weeks to allow ________ to evaporate" (fill in blank with whatever the poisonous stuff is).

This isn't a reccomendation to smoke it.  It's just what I remember.  Also, when I smoked it way-back-when, I recall feeling like I had to get more soon, like right away, "is there any left???"  AAaaaaarghhhh....        anyway I recognized the addictive qualities immediately.   Be conscious of that "need"; it'll drag yah down.

Fluid

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:55 pm: Edit

That would be all the components you need for experiencing "hippie crack"  -  that being laughing gas.   Cream chargers are little nitrous minis, the brass crackers release the gas out of the charger, and the baloons are for filling...  terrrible terrible terrible stuff.  I've seen too many teens pass out and hit their head on the pavement, not to mention the flailing nerve endings which just can't be good, no matter how "fun" they feel.

Hippie crack bad.  Shit, if they're selling that stuff, I have to wonder a little bit about those blends...

By Martin on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:53 pm: Edit

I coaxed a crackhead friend of mine to try smoking wormwood the other day. It was interesting. He seemed to like the effects, but he really didn't care for the taste. I tried a couple hits, and I definately felt something off of it immediately. Very strange. I didn't smoke any more of it, because I was a little nervous about the possibility of poisoning myself, but my friend smoked several "joints" of it and he's not dead or anything (yet). Another friend tried a little bit of it immediately after smoking some pot, and he totally felt the effects on top of the pot. He said the two together was really a great combination of complimentary highs. I'm not a big fan of pot so I doubt I'll try mixing them myself. I also doubt I'll try smoking wormwood again... at least until someone can give an explanation as to it's safety.

-Martin

By Hersaint on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:39 pm: Edit

Fluid

I had a look at the site, what is going on with the brass crackers?, cream chargers? and dura ballons? is there a synergie i am missing? (some sort of undergound cake dealing at kids parties?)

interesting reading though cheers

I will keep you informed over the next couple of days

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:24 pm: Edit

There seems to be more smoking blends at the American site: www.herbalhighsusa.com

By Fluid on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:17 pm: Edit

hmmmmm... sounds good.

I quit cigarettes two days before my Alaska journey, and after just a few days I started going nuts for something to smoke. Went to the local health food store and bought everything that looked rollable... I smoked just about everything leafy I could find. Caution: tobacco has just about the least amount of tar of anything... smoke too much of that blend and you'll be wiping brown goo off your lips (and the girlfriend won't like it much either).

That said, I'd like to try some! Please post your report before the effects wear off heh heh heh haaa

Fluid

By Hersaint on Tuesday, February 06, 2001 - 12:09 pm: Edit

came across this site on the net herbalhighs.com and ordered some Algerian Blend

Algerian Blend is a mixture of 6 different psychoactive herbs, soaked in the resin of renowned sedative herbs.

Contains Damiana, Skullcap, Wormwood, Wild Opium Lettuce, Passion Flower, Valarian, soaked in Valarian and Wild Opium Lettuce extracts.

Anyone ever tried it ?

Its Legal so please don't start on the drug thing.

By Fluid on Monday, January 08, 2001 - 10:52 pm: Edit

Well, duh, but that's a different green fairy... they do seem to get along...

By Treeman5 on Monday, January 08, 2001 - 03:50 pm: Edit

If I had been in Alaska, I'd have smoked the Northern Lights or Matanuska(sp)Thunderfuck instead.

By Fluid on Monday, January 08, 2001 - 06:59 am: Edit

I spent early '95 in Homer, Alaska (the "real" Northern Exposure) and got multiple chances to enjoy the odd and curious...

My first experience with wormwood was in a cabin on Kachemak Bay. We smoked it, yikes. Anyone else ever try that? From the twistedness of spatial relationships and the intensification of colors, I immediately understood Van Gogh...

The wormwood in question came from somewhere near Halibut Cove. My friend who harvested it says it grows everywhere on that side of the bay.

I haven't found any info anywhere (well, the search function for this forum is kaput)... I'd like to get a handle on the dangers before trying that again; it was a lot more intense than I expected.

Anyone else ever try this?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation