Deva 70%

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:Deva 70%
By Tavis on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 07:34 am: Edit

Does it matter where the degree symbol is - seems Christina has them muddled anyway, her mail should read 40% (I thought it was 50%) and 70%. 40 degrees and 70 degrees would be pretty weak!

By Pikkle on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 07:13 am: Edit

hukd on fonix wurkd for me!

By Daedelus on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 06:08 am: Edit

cheese,

degree symbol is option-"K" on a mac keyboard, and I think alternate-"k" on a windows box.

If there are any Mac-users out there please do yourselves the favor of downloading the new iTunes program just released yesterday. It has this amazing psychedelic visuals thing that would be fabulous to watch while drinking absinthe to your favorite tunes, while sitting at your computer. Also it allows you to do lots of things with MP3's and such. Just another wonderful toy brought to us by Steve Jobs and Co.

daedelus

By Cheese on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 05:05 am: Edit

Well, the great SC has replied to my inquiry. It appears they will carry the 70% soon. BTW, where the hell is the degree symbol?????

[QUOTE]
Thank you very much for your message. The Deva that appears on our site is the 40, and the 70 is about to be included in our site, as until now the producer could not guarantee the availability.

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best regards,

Cristina H. Lafuente

The Fine Spirits Corner

[/QUOTE]

By Bob_chong on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 04:38 am: Edit

Daedelus:

No stones being cast here. I only prodded you b/c you had written "try spelling that..." The irony was too great to avoid.

(Disclosure: I used to be an English teacher.)

BC

By Don_walsh on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 03:53 am: Edit

Daed, dude, I wuz been fazeshuus.

By Daedelus on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:40 am: Edit

I am in general a very good speller. It is the French penchance for "u's" and "e's" that fucks me up all the time. I don't know how many times I have to catch myself when I type "La Bleue". Chauffeur is another bitch to spell as are roulette and liqueur. But now that I type these words in the same post and look closely at their structure I figured out the "rule" for their spelling.

You learn something new everyday. Now I know how to spell anything ending in "eur". Lucky me, I might be able to avoid Bob C's and Don's wrath now. What a load off.

daedelus

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:24 am: Edit

For myself, it's only other peoples' spelling and grammar mistakes that set my teeth on edge.

My own only make me feel stupid. There's probably a lesson in this somewhere.

By Daedelus on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:21 am: Edit

Don,

If mis-spellings and typos set your teeth on edge maybe you should proof your posts also?

Just a thought

Besides that is what is so great about the internet, it breeds lazyness, and illiteracy.

Yay illiteracy! wo-who!

daedelus

By Daedelus on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:18 am: Edit

I'm so glad all you english teachers are out there trying to learn me a thing or two about spellin'

Shall I write them words correctly 10X up on the blackboard now? Or do I just get a C+?

daedelus

By Don_walsh on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 06:20 pm: Edit

I have no problem with 'likker'. Conjures up images of moonshine triple run 180 proof white lightnin' in the old days, copper stills, no old auto radiators and lead salts in the likker.

It's just 'liquer' that sets my teeth on edge like fingernails dragged on a chalkboard...

Time for an absinthe to mellow me out.

By Head_prosthesis on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 04:50 pm: Edit

I prefer Likker. I also love Christina.

I believe I have said that before, over and over, many times.

Ah, Chartreuse! I threw up on that stuff one night. 2 Bells Porters, 2 glasses of Absinthe and the "finisher" 2 glasses of Chartreuse. All in about 2 1/2 hours. Whehewewewew!!!! I got the shivers just thinking about it.

By Don_walsh on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 04:32 pm: Edit

It's either liquor with an 'o' or it's 'liqueur' with two 'u's. All liqueurs are liquors, but all liquors are not necessarily liqueurs.

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 03:21 pm: Edit

"Christina emailed me to let me know that the three minis I added to my 5 bottle order were not in stock (Suze and Chartreuse)."

I really like Suze.

By Bob_chong on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 02:46 pm: Edit

Liquer roulette (try spelling that five times fast)

Or try spelling it just one time (slowly and correctly).

By Lowlight on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 01:46 pm: Edit

SC kicks such ass! When I ordered my first bottle, I forgot to order a spoon.. I sent Christina an email asking to add a spoon, and feel free to charge my card. She put a spoon in my order the day it shipped, and said I could pay for it on my next order. Talk about service! :)

By Daedelus on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 01:10 pm: Edit

I can vouch for the 70 being essentially the same as the 45. There is very little difference in the taste of these two products. Save up your money for Ted and Don's stuff and go ahead and stick with the regular old DEVA.

I did run into a slight problem with SC today, as Christina emailed me to let me know that the three minis I added to my 5 bottle order were not in stock (Suze and Chartreuse). I went ahead and asked her to just suprise me, and I guess I will find out what I get.

Anyone ever played with chance in this way? Liquer roulette (try spelling that five times fast)

daedelus

By _blackjack_ on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 11:39 am: Edit

I'm pretty sure SC doesn't have th 70% stuff, just the old 45%. They are seperate products. So far as I know, Betina is the only easy source for the 70%. It has been reommended by some that one can save a lot of money by just mixing the 45% with some Everclear. There is nothing to indicate that the formula is an different: just the proof and the label.

By Cheese on Tuesday, January 09, 2001 - 10:59 am: Edit

Does anyone know if the Deva SC has is the "new" Deva 70%? I sent them an email this morning and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone ordered the 70% from them yet?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation