What Luck!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archives Thru July 2001: Topics Archived Thru Jan 2001:What Luck!
By Brspiritus on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:17 pm: Edit

It was in the Baltimore Area, I think the Antique mall is in Severn, largest one in Maryland. I'd actually never been there before, I found it when I had to make copies for work a couple of weeks ago... something just told me to go back and have a look. I'll take a picture of it when I can, I don't have a digital camera unfortunately.

Thanks for the welcome Artemis, it has been a long time. I've actually been lurking for a couple of months now, just haven't jumped in to any converstations.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:37 am: Edit

i love it when that happens! it still can happen around here but not very often... where was this, and can you post a picture? congrats!

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:07 am: Edit

Brother Spiritus, welcome back!

That's quite a steal. I visit antique malls and auctions in the Midwest hoping to find such, but no luck so far. I did find a thing that's apparently a coffee server, but would make a decent water dripper of sorts. I'll post a picture when I get my hands on a digital camera.

By Brspiritus on Wednesday, January 10, 2001 - 02:01 am: Edit

I decided on a whim to visit an antique mall down where I work. Much to my suprise, buried in with about 70 different wine and water goblets was a definate Resevouir Type Absinthe Glass. The best part... the seller had the glass marked as "Unusual Wine Glass" $8!??!!! Needless to say I grabbed it fast and rooted through the rest of the glasses praying to God that the glass had a twin (it didn't) but it was still a heck of find... especially with the dawn of a new Belle Epoch upon us when Ted and Don start selling their brew.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation